SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67
  1. #51
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you talking about spaceships anyway? This thread has nothing to do with spaceships.

  2. #52
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without conclusive evidence proving exactly what it is, I am just saying that it is possible that it is a spaceship, although an extremely low possibility imho, along with many other possibilities assuming of course you haven't fabricated the image which from my point of view is also a possibility.

    I'm not ruling any possibilities in or out.

    Are you now saying it definitely is not a spaceship?

  3. #53
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    .....this is the last time I'll respond to you personally. 1). I do not report UFO's to any government or agency because I don't see a point and I have contention with the fact that people think these agencies are authorities authorities. I don't! I think ost of them are a born pack of liars -- which is why the world need people like me, to find out what they're doing....
    Just a side observation - in the above quote you are implying that governments and agencies are a pack of liars.

    Obviously you are entitled to have that view if you wish, but what I find a little amusing is that when people like me, where you are a complete stranger to, think you might also be telling lies you seem to get very defensive and yet still post no proof at all that shows anything you say is actually true or that your photo is not fabricated in any way.

    All I can do is remind you again that the onus of proof is on you to prove what you say is in fact true, if you want to be taken seriously, because there is no obligation on anyone to just blindly accept what they read in forums.

  4. #54
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I think you just like using the line: " the onus of proof is on you".

    You've said that at least 1/2 a dozen times in this thread, and not once have I argued with it -- because I agree with it. So why do you keep saying it?

    Can we move on? Everyone here knows perfectly well that it's impossible to say what's in the photo. It is also impossible for me to prove that I didn't fake it. But it's not impossible to prove that what ever is in the image was there when it was taken, but if anyone wants to take the photo (the original is attached), go and take it to NASA or the CSIRO, I don't care! They'll probably throw you out their front door though..

    Now, can we stop beating a dead horse?

    Also, I am not implying that governments and agencies are a pack of liars. I am flat out EXCLAIMING that they are, and if I could find a high enough tree to shout it to the entire southern hemisphere, I would.

    If you trust governments and corporations, and think they've got your best interests in mind -- I feel very afraid for you..

  5. #55
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mittineague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Springfield, Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,439
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

    .... Please, lets not bring Politics into this thread.

  6. #56
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't go overboard. The mention of government has nothing to do with politics. The reason I said that above is that I believe a lot of the things in the sky are known by the government. Has absolutely nothing to do with politics whatsoever. It's not against sitepoint rules to mention the word "governments" or "corporations", where the words need to be used within a broader (and unrelated [to politics]) context.

  7. #57
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    ....Everyone here knows perfectly well that it's impossible to say what's in the photo.....
    I disagree.

    If you sent the photo to NASA, the Air Force, airports or anyone else you can think of that might know and that you trust, they might be able to explain what the object is, if in fact it was actually there when you took the photo.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    ...But it's not impossible to prove that what ever is in the image was there when it was taken,........
    What evidence can you then post that proves the object was there in the sky when the photo was taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    If you trust governments and corporations, and think they've got your best interests in mind -- I feel very afraid for you..
    Thank you for your concern but I don't have any issues or concerns with the national government of my country.

  8. #58
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kalon, you do understand that you just contradicted yourself with the two responses above? You're amazing. I am not even going to answer... *shakes head*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalon View Post
    Thank you for your concern but I don't have any issues or concerns with the national government of my country.
    Buahahahahaha!

    *Oh no, I spilled my tea...*

  9. #59
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mittineague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Springfield, Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,439
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry if you disagree with my interpretation.

    I did say please.

  10. #60
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,024
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm re-opning the thread so you can keep debating as usual. I accept the fact that maybe we have been too quick to close this thread and I apologize for all this confusion. I'm not perfect... yet

    As always, keep it civil and remember that politics and/or religion are not allowed

    And yes, you can use the word goverment as long as you don't speak about politics. Unfortunately for you, it is too easy to get confused... because it is a word that 99% of the itmes is associated with it

  11. #61
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    Kalon, you do understand that you just contradicted yourself with the two responses above? ...
    I don't see it as a contradiction at all.

    I was just explaining why I disagree with your earlier comment

    Originally Posted by MrLeN
    ....Everyone here knows perfectly well that it's impossible to say what's in the photo.....
    I know you won't send the photos to NASA or any other agency for the reasons you expressed earlier.

    What I am saying is that if the photo was actually sent to NASA or an appropriate agency by anybody, then they might be able to explain what is in the photo. Whether you then choose to accept that explanation or not is another issue.

    But unless you could prove that any explanation they gave is definitely not possible then their explanation could be deemed by some people to be true or at least plausible.

  12. #62
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,600
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A UFO (unidentified flying object) is by definition unidentified meaning that the person who saw it didn't know what it was. If they knew what it was then it wouldn't be unidentified, it would be a cloud, a weather balloon, a flock of geese, Jupiter, one of NASAs satellites, a flying saucer, or whatever it turned out to actually be.

    There have been lots of UFOs recorded simply because the person who saw it never managed to gather enough information to tell what it actually was. UFOs are an extremely common occurrence because few people are familiar enough with everything that they are likely to see to be able to identify them all.

    When someone does actually manage to identify what it actually was it is then no longer a UFO because it is no longer unidentified.

    If someone has an actual picture of a flying saucer then it most definitely is not a UFO.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  13. #63
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if someone wants to throw a spanner in the works they could argue that whether an object is "unidentified" or not is simply relative to the viewer of that object.

    With 2 people looking at the same object on an image, one might have no idea what it is and so to them it is "unidentified" while the other one might know exactly what it is and so to them it is not "unidentified".

    So when someone says there are 1000's (or whatever) of ufo photos out there that means they are unidentified only to the viewers of those photos who don't know what the objects are in reality.

    I don't believe there are 1000's or whatever unexplainable objects (except to those who don't know what they are) buzzing around our skies as part of secret conspiracies or whatever because for every so called ufo there will be at least someone on this planet who knows exactly what it is.

    I also believe that the vast majority of so called ufo images are not of flying objects at all but are some other natural phenomenon or fabrication.

  14. #64
    Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK Nr Manchester
    Posts
    3,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post

    If someone has an actual picture of a flying saucer then it most definitely is not a UFO.
    Haha, don't often find myself agreeing with you Stephen but I like that!
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

  15. #65
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,600
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalon View Post
    So when someone says there are 1000's (or whatever) of ufo photos out there that means they are unidentified only to the viewers of those photos who don't know what the objects are in reality.
    No. Once anyone manages to identify exactly what it is then it has been identified. The only people who could still argue that it is unidentified at that point are those who disagree with the view that it has been identified (usually because they do not agree that it is a picture of whatever it has actually been identified as).
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  16. #66
    Non-Member Kalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    ....Once anyone manages to identify exactly what it is then it has been identified......
    Yes that is obviously true.

    The point I am making is that not everyone, deliberately or through no fault of their own, will necessarily have access to the explanation of whoever has managed to identify an "unidentified" object and so to them the object remains unidentified.

    So when someone says an object is unidentified I take it to mean they are speaking on behalf of themseleves and not everyone else until I am sure no-one else on the planet has identified the object or is capable of identifying it.

  17. #67
    Non-Member krenerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers you seek are in a different thread...and a different forum:

    http://ufocasebook.conforums.com/


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •