SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you mean my demo -- 1) what browser, 2) at 1024 there should be no 'space' on the left, though at 1280 there should.. on the left
    I'm viewing the page at a odd resolution (1152x864) and there is a hefty space on the left hand side of the browser, the right hand side flows regardless what size the browser window is but the left doesn't.

Since you asked to move the whole thing to the left in your original post. Check it at 1600 and that left side gap gets bigger.

Or is that not what you wanted?
    No that is not what I wanted, what I wanted is explained just above this sentence If it's possible.

While on the subject as I mentioned in post #44 regarding a folding technique. The folding technique I found is not of which I'm after.

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianHuskey View Post
    to hug the right side of the browser ?
    I assumed you wanted it aligned to the right -- are you saying you just want it fully fluid? To expand to fit regardless of page width on both sides?

If so that's the default behavior of all the tags, just stop declaring widths.

-- edit --

I just uploaded a copy that strips out all the width declarations to make the page fully fluid. Is that what you were asking for?

http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_other...template2.html
    and the CSS
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_other...ey/screen2.css

If so, that's the DEFAULT behavior of all the elements involved -- which is probably why I didn't think that's what you were asking for.

Doh

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just got home from work

I assumed you wanted it aligned to the right -- are you saying you just want it fully fluid? To expand to fit regardless of page width on both sides?

If so that's the default behavior of all the tags, just stop declaring widths.
    I'm sorry I meant the left side of the page had a space Let me understand by removing widths you can keep it fluid. How about the graphics will they be fluid as well ?

I just uploaded a copy that strips out all the width declarations to make the page fully fluid. Is that what you were asking for?

http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_other...template2.html
    and the CSS
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_other...ey/screen2.css

If so, that's the DEFAULT behavior of all the elements involved -- which is probably why I didn't think that's what you were asking for.
    That is nice how the page flows

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was originally had plans to go with a folding drop down menu, but after searching and searching it appears nothing what I'm after exists.

Then I decided to go with this. Then I decided this is not the way I want the drop down to work, going back to one of my first original ideas I tried to make CSS style drop down as seen on this page. I can't get it to work for one of the buttons on the page, I don't have any HTML or CSS to show only what I had posted in a earlier message.

Thanx.

Ripe Tomatos silver trophybronze trophy Rayzur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the graphics will they be fluid as well ?
    If your talking about your fixed width background images the answer is no. Not unless you make repeating images, but that is not how your images are set up.

... going back to one of my first original ideas I tried to make CSS style drop down as seen on this page. I can't get it to work for one of the buttons on the page, I don't have any HTML or CSS to show only what I had posted in a earlier message.
    I have merged the dropline nav into the Live Demo that I posted for you earlier in this thread.

I changed the main menu a little bit too, I used a negative margin to pull it into the header div. I had it AP'd to the bottom of the header, but that was only done because I did not know what your plans were for header content. The header still has bottom padding on it to preserve the nav.

IE6 will get a script for li:hover as I explained earlier, I have it in the page head right now but you would want to move it to its file and link to IE6 only via a Conditional Comment (which is in place already)

All we can really do is just set up something for you to tweak later since you don't have any content to dictate how the markup should be laid out. It just serves as a starting point and the semantics will probably change as you get your content in place.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your talking about your fixed width background images the answer is no. Not unless you make repeating images, but that is not how your images are set up.
    Won't the image just get cut-off if the window gets resized ?

I changed the main menu a little bit too, I used a negative margin to pull it into the header div. I had it AP'd to the bottom of the header, but that was only done because I did not know what your plans were for header content. The header still has bottom padding on it to preserve the nav.

IE6 will get a script for li:hover as I explained earlier, I have it in the page head right now but you would want to move it to its file and link to IE6 only via a Conditional Comment (which is in place already)
    I wanted to mention that I won't be supporting IE6 The drop down menu is exactly what I'm after. There is one thing that is bothering me in general but I can't comment on it until afterwards !

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't the image just get cut-off if the window gets resized ?\
    If you make the image big enough, then yes --- but do you really want to be putting 2048px+ wide images in your website at 300k+ apiece if there's little if any repeating horizontally in it?

There's a reason you don't see websites do that a whole lot. Or should I say SUCCESSFUL websites. Sure, you have the artsy types who try it no matter what, but the sites that do usually end up ultimately useless to visitors no matter how pretty it is.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost my web design by a fluke accident, I'm in the process of creating a new look currently trying to mimic my original the closest I can.