SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What would a web developer consider a valuable exchange?

Hi everyone,

For anyone who is in the online marketing or web design industry, I have a question for you concerning my strategy.

This should help everyone in getting inbound links

I have an SEO firm. I just create a new site for it with a new domain name. The site is not even listed on any search engine yet. www.Bullseye-promotions.com

I want to get some inbound links from well established web designer sites and online marketing sites that have top rankings on Google--and from other sites that also have top rankings on Google.

Since I cannot present my site as having good traffic, I want to offer something that will be valuable enough for these top ranking sites to link to my site.

So my idea is to provide them (you if you’re a web designer or an online marketer) with free positioning reports. The page I created is at http://www.bullseye-website-optimiza...ng-report.html

I am also providing the same service to their clients.

Is this offer enticing enough for someone like you or is this of no value to you? (Please let me know what kind of work you do whether you say yes or no; I want to know which market is interested and which is not interested.)

Do you have a better Idea or do you know what would be a more enticing offer? (one that is reasonable)

Thanks

Sheriff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about creating an affiliate program?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking into creating one.

What I had in mind is to pay a percentage to the site that refers a client to me and provide some kind of discount to these clients.

I gather that providing free positioning reports is not valuable enough for a webmaster to give an inbound link, Am I right?

What if I was to promise to give an e-book that gives step by step instruction on how to be accepted and get a good ranking in Yahoo!? Would this be valuable enough for a webmaster to link to my site?

Any other Ideas?

Sheriff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It certainly is challenging to get up and running at the beginning when you don't have a lot to bargain with in your dealings with other webmasters. Most want to deal with sites of equal nature/status so you are really facing an uphill battle.

An affiliate program is a terrific idea and problem your best way. If you don't want to develop it in-house, I recommend CJ or a similar avenue. I think rather than worrying about incentives, you should make sure your site speaks for itself and is high-quality, has good usability, etc.

And above all, be honest with others you're dealing with. Tell them you're just starting out but sell yourself and let me know you are growing and it will pay off in the long run. The more effort you put into it, the better your results should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by SheriffG.Guirguis
    I am looking into creating one.
    What if I was to promise to give an e-book that gives step by step instruction on how to be accepted and get a good ranking in Yahoo!? Would this be valuable enough for a webmaster to link to my site?
    Sheriff
    Provided the ebook really does what it promise .. people are beginning to be sceptical about "marketing ebooks"

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As well as giving free positioning reports perhaps you could consider doing some free optimisation for a limited number of sites. First send a mail saying who you are and what you do, etc. Then tell them that you'd like to offer them a service, in exchange for them having your link on their page. If they agree, send them some information and perhaps submit them to engines or whatever you feel would improve their positioning. Check their meta tags or whatever and see how they can be improved.

Any webmaster appreciates valuable, true and useful advice and will generally be happy to give something in return for free help. Also, if you impress some of them enough with your limited assistance, they might be willing to pay you to do a better check and sort out their search engine positioning properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SheriffG.Guirguis,

I am a software developer for www.jpma.com and a freelance web developer of www.plasmapages.com. The one problem that I see is that you are offering a service that most webmasters should already know. Most 'good' webmasters should know how to check their rankings aswell as optimize their sites. Kinda like offering Tiger Woods golf lessons...

Reciprocal link trading is always painful. Wish it was a little easier myself

good luck