User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile What do u do ur webpage on???

hi everyone,

i was wondering... what do u do ur webpage on???...besides ur personal webpage on urself or the one u get paid for but the one u do for fun, so i mean like...what is ur webpage about...ur hobbies...ur avorite sport... ur favorite artisit???? i am stuck on coming up with an idea for my new webpage... so by u guyz telling me what u do can help me. hope to hear from u guyz soon

thanx :-)

hodiez@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a student [currently on a LONG summer holiday...yippeee!!!] and not having a work permit since I'm a foreigner, I spend my part of my productive time [like there is such a thing for me ] webbing for stuff I get paid for. Surprisingly enough, I havent yet made a personal webpage. I scoff at it every time i think of it. I've always thought about a portfolio. Everyone has one right? Just like opinions and you know what...hehehe...but i never got the motivation to sit down and whip up something.

You looking for webpage ideas....hmmm..it depends a lot on how often you wanna update. A hardware website would be updated less often than a news website [whichever field your reporting is on]. catch my drift?

As for ideas, I have none...for now. I'm guessing all the 'original ones' have already been done partially or fully, but I'm sure you'll find a niche somewhere.

Good luck
    asT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a weblog, which I use to blog web development things that I find interesting:

www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/

Hope that helps,

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do your site on what ever your true interests are, thisway when it comes time to creating content for your site you will be relatively educated on it and have the motivation and interest to get the job done.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with iTec. You should pick something which you are familiar with that you would enjoy making a site about. It's pointless picking a subject just because you think that's what others want, or because you think there's a niche for that sort of thing, if it's not something you are genuinely interested in.

I have two 'hobby' sites. One is about motorsport marshals as that's what my husband does for a hobby and we're both petrol-heads. The other is a place where I can display any of my artwork and poetry as that's something I love to do, though there's not much on there yet! (oh to have the time for it!).
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peanut Gallery...

I agree with astericks...
    As for ideas, I have none...for now. I'm guessing all the 'original ones' have already been done partially or fully, but I'm sure you'll find a niche somewhere.
    Don't wait for the coolest concept to crash your cranial canvas. Just get started on something... a template would be nice. Chances are, you'll either change your mind or loose it before your done.
    // PS! My brain just hit a bad sector...

Former Staff Member silver trophy Adam P.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said, stick with something that you're interested in. Right now I have 2 websites - 1 for my portfolio and 1 that helps beginners to web design. If you make a nice website on something that you're interested in, you may even obtain a small following of people.
    SPF Mentor/Advisor 2001-2003
    SPF Designer of the Year 2002
    SPF Graphic Designer of the Year 2003
    AdamPolselli.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working on my first website. It has 6 sections:
    - Index
    - Contact
    - Artwork
    - Journal
    - Splash-screen

Looks nice.. But I still need a (free) domain..
    * 3 L Y S I U M // Back for some serious ps-tennis action!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive done a few sites.. mainly relating to cars and martial arts.. oh, and personal ones, relating to design and art..

current home - http://www.exstatic.cjb.net

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    friends. find me a way to keep in touch. a forum is nice, but sadly, friends do pull away. i rarely talk to anyone from my grade school, and i regret that. so, i make pages for them to post their life for me to read cause i have no life..sounds about right.
    InQuE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    politics, rock and roll, bikini chicks the list goes on.
    Greg
    'I guess that my ambition was to be a bum'--robert mitchum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just experiment with new design ideas and scripting stuff. For the most part its a portfolio, but also a playground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have something to share

You should really figure out if you really have something to share/build with the other net-izens out there :-)
    There's already millions of websites, and you shouldn't make one if you don't have anything to say..

That being said, Everyone has hobbies, interests, a thing for something. Go for whatever you want to develop. If you don't have a good motivation, the end product is probably not gonna be as good as it would have been if you enjoyed making it :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do something on your hobby, especialy if you think you have knowledege about your hobby that others may be interested in or you can pass on.

The first site I did for other people to look at besides myself, was on backpacking (my hobby/lifestyle).

http://anvilgear.com/jason/backpacking/index.html

It is specifically for a camp I used to work for. It offers advice on what equipment to take. I now get 10-20 hits a day on it.

Make it something you enjoy or else you'll never do anything on it. Most stuff I do now is working on developing my PHP skills.

Jason
    ><>

Web Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a hobby site about 4 years ago based on my personal interests of snowboarding and skateboarding. It has grown in the years and I love working on it.

www.ramprage.com - getting about 1,500 visits a day and only the skateboard section is open

Haven't made any cash off it but I'm having a good time running it and learning lots about php and mysql so I can't go wrong!