Thread: hmm

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm

Hey

I just finished my webdesigning site and i need to add it to some search engines to make my site KNOWN!

Thought I cant find a free way to do it other than having to wait 6-24 months....or else it costs like 300 bux to do it..I bet some of you know how to submit a site to yahoo,google,msn and etc for free and not having to wait 6 months..share the info please

thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, what you do is goto the actual site look at the bottom of the page.

You should find a link for submiting a site

Do this and your site will be put on stand by to be searched, crawled etc.
    Back Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, what you could do is first submit ur site to Google and all other search engines where you can submit for free. Google will index ur site in 2-3 weeks,if ur site content is good, then u will automatically get into Yahoo! and various other engines. and also enter free search engines to not take the risk..
    Peace.

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEASE, please, please, please, please, please, please PLEASE! Use Descriptive titles. That's why the subject line for new threads says "Please Use Descriptive Titles". It's not to make the forum look pretty (though it does and it's most likely due to my beautiful looks), but it's to help those of us who you want to help you. I see Hmmm... and I want to skip right by. Please do yourself a favor and use descriptive titles. Thanks.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sketch
    PLEASE, please, please, please, please, please, please PLEASE! Use Descriptive titles. That's why the subject line for new threads says "Please Use Descriptive Titles". It's not to make the forum look pretty (though it does and it's most likely due to my beautiful looks), but it's to help those of us who you want to help you. I see Hmmm... and I want to skip right by. Please do yourself a favor and use descriptive titles. Thanks.

Sketch
    You are one fluffy dude as well Sketch

Anyway, TheShade, have a look at this forum here on SitePoint. More info on search engines can't be found .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now we all know how to cause Sketch to go insane
    Back Again

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...LOL yeah! you got it.

Aaron
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting listed in the search engines can definitely be a lengthy and irritating process. My best advice to you would be to submit your site now (manually) and at the same time promote via other methods. Try to form link exchanges with other sites directly (make friends), find directories and submit to them, etc. You can even make some sort of offer in the Trading Post on these very forums for a link exchange.