User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footer Sticks To Bottom Of Viewport And I Don't Want It To

Here is the page:

http://www.tocdocs.com/index.091010.html

When I view the footer at first it appears directly under the main div area that is Black. But when I resize the browser, the footer seems to stick to the bottom of the viewport and I am wanting it to stay beneath the main div area that is black. Can someone take a look and offer a suggestion?

Todd
    Todd Temple > T2 Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the site in IE8, FF and Opera but in all three case the footer remained under the main div area when I resized the window. I which browser did this problem occur?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donboe View Post
    Just saw the site in IE8, FF and Opera but in all three case the footer remained under the main div area when I resized the window. I which browser did this problem occur?
    Safari. It happens when you resize the browser...
    Todd Temple > T2 Design

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You have set your wrapper to min-height:100% and then placed your footer after it. Where do you think that will place the footer

Remove the min-height:100% from your wrapper and the footer should drop back into the flow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    Hi,

You have set your wrapper to min-height:100% and then placed your footer after it. Where do you think that will place the footer

Remove the min-height:100% from your wrapper and the footer should drop back into the flow.
    Man... you are the best! I tried it and it worked. Of course! With this fix I am now wondering if the min-height: 100% would have worked if I had enclosed the footer div within the wrapper div. Would it?

Todd
    Todd Temple > T2 Design

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    If you want the wrapper to always be a minimum of 100% then yes putting the footer inside the wrapper would have worked also. However,I didn't really see a need for you to have the min-height though as you have no full length backgrounds unlike your other thread where you wanted an image to go all the way down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    If you want the wrapper to always be a minimum of 100% then yes putting the footer inside the wrapper would have worked also. However,I didn't really see a need for you to have the min-height though as you have no full length backgrounds unlike your other thread where you wanted an image to go all the way down.
    I know. Sometimes I start to add fixes that have worked in the past (as in the case from the other thread) and see if they would work in different situations. But, obviously, I am still learning and trying to grasp these solutions so that I do not have to ask the same question ever again.

I really appreciate the advice and support from the SitePoint forums and the friendships that are a direct result.
    Todd Temple > T2 Design