User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Dreamweaver CS3 Download

Could someone here help?
    I have a somewhat outdated computer and I'm running a copy of Dreamweaver 8.
    I don't have any plans for another computer anytime soon but I'd like to see how Dreamweaver CS3 runs so I've been looking for a download of the trial version.
    I can't find anywhere that has the trial version. Everything points to Adobe and the latest and greatest version of Dreamweaver, which I have tried and runs very sluggish on my machine.
    So if anyone knows of a site that has the trial version for download I sure would appreciate it.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Did you try asking Adobe?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil,

I've found this link - completely up to yourself to try it out - I'm in no way associated with this website I've just found it on Google Seems to be a direct download and bypasses the Adobe site - I had a similiar problem myself, couldn't even find it on their FTP!

Hope it's what you're looking for!

Hazel

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    Hey Phil,

I've found this link - completely up to yourself to try it out - I'm in no way associated with this website I've just found it on Google Seems to be a direct download and bypasses the Adobe site - I had a similiar problem myself, couldn't even find it on their FTP!

Hope it's what you're looking for!

Hazel
    No. That's not it.
    It just goes to a page that says I need to log into my account (even after I do log in), then proceeds to a page with a CS5 link.

I looked on Google too. Like I said before, everything just points to the latest and greatest on the Adobe site.
    I guess I could contact Adobe.

I did find a couple of auctions going on on Ebay for CS3. Actually bid all of $35 on one. Figured it's worth a shot.

Thanks guys for the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil,

That's odd they must have changed it because last night I was just prompted for the direct download link - hmm, well here's a definite one that's working right now!

Best of luck,

Hazel

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil,

That's odd they must have changed it because last night I was just prompted for the direct download link - hmm, well here's a definite one that's working right now!

Best of luck,

Hazel
    Here is teh page that link leads to: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/dlm/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, weird... I just get the download dialog box where I simply accept or reject the download! what's going on!

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably get differing URL's due to location or browser/scripting combinations on your machines, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite bizarre really, I hope for the sake of the OP that it will work for him as it is quite difficult to obtain an old trial version of any Adobe products

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite bizarre really, I hope for the sake of the OP that it will work for him as it is quite difficult to obtain an old trial version of any Adobe products
    Yeah, that is pretty weird.

Oh well, maybe I'll win that Ebay auction. Still 3 days left.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, found a copy of the file (sent by someone).
    But I'm having problems. The trial period will not start.
    It just says I have to enter in the activation code.
    Now I tried out DW CS5 a while back and uninstalled it.
    Could that be the problem?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly, or it could be time-bombed so you can only start to install it, if you PC system clock/date is within a certain historic date range.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhtmlcoder View Post
    Possibly, or it could be time-bombed so you can only start to install it, if you PC system clock/date is within a certain historic date range.
    Well that bites!!
    What do you think would happen if I tried to install the full blown version? Would it do the same thing?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the full purchased version you should have a legal serial number (activation code) anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue as it would either overwrite files or disarm the bomb once you input your paid-for Licence key.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't the trials full version too? I don't recall any limitations with Adobe trialware, perhaps it's changed since the last time I downloaded any!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the full purchased version you should have a legal serial number (activation code) anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue as it would either overwrite files or disarm the bomb once you input your paid-for Licence key.
    From what I'm reading, apparently this is [was] a common problem with Adobe Trial software. I've seen a few posts that even after a format, the problem still persists.

Adobe offers some "Clean-up" Utilities, but I haven't had much success with that either.
    What a bummer. I would hate to shell out $150 on CS3 from Ebay and then find out I can't even run it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot possibly see how after a HDD reformat the problem still exists unless they are using illegal techniques. I think you just meant un-install though. I suppose you also have to ask yourself whether you believe the eBay version is legitimate.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot possibly see how after a HDD reformat the problem still exists unless they are using illegal techniques. I think you just meant un-install though. I suppose you also have to ask yourself whether you believe the eBay version is legitimate.
    I wish I could find the page that clams that Adobe will put files in some special boot sector on your hard drive to keep people from just formating and re-useing, but I can't find it again.
    I will say I've read a few instances from forums of people that say that re-formatting didn't remove the trial limitations from various Adobe products.

I'm not saying that is what causing my problem, but I will say that what I'm experiencing is not at all uncommon and I can't find a definitive solution.