SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What do you think makes a guy rich? His nature or his IQ?

    I think one's nature is the most important factor of making one rich,then opportunity,IQ

  2. #2
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luck.
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

  3. #3
    SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    r937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,276
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    i think the most important factor to make someone rich is money, and plenty of it
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

  4. #4
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    i think the most important factor to make someone rich is money, and plenty of it
    That's rich
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

  5. #5
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The IQ makes the money , the money can't make an IQ...

  6. #6
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one chinese adage says" Destiny is from Temperament",if someone has good temperament,he/she will be living well,if she/he has good luck,she/he will be rich.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, with the , LUCK

  8. #8
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A person's nature and IQ is what prepares that person to be lucky. You need a nature that is willing to take risks and do something different with your life on short notice, and the IQ to realize that you have to position yourself in life in a place where you can be lucky. When that golden butterfly of opportunity makes it's fleeting appearance in your life, if you haven't set yourself up to take advantage you won't be able to grab it, it will fly off and someone else will snatch it and get rich.
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

  9. #9
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. He/she has a goal
    2. determination
    3. Passion
    4. IQ or intelligence

    These are the things that makes a person rich.

  10. #10
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
    Luck.
    Amen to that, I've been working on websites for 12 years and 90% of all my success has been more to-do with luck than anything else

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a number of factors that contribute to someone's success but having an amazing IQ is not also important! Common sense, Luck, Nature and Up bringing all play a pivotal role in becoming a success

  12. #12
    ✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,284
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
    Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Amen to that, I've been working on websites for 12 years and 90% of all my success has been more to-do with luck than anything else
    Luck is a funny thing - it's unreliable. If luck has made you a success, lack of it might make you a failure. Remember, the odds are always in favor of the house

    My success formula has always been knowledge, determination, and a belief that you can learn to do anything, including how to become successful (and rich if that's part of what you think is success). Luck has nothing to do with it.
    Saul

  13. #13
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know two guys,they are clever and they are in USA,but they are still always in poor situation and no wife,I think it because they are have lonely nature.

  14. #14
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibetan_Tiger
    I know two guys,they are clever and they are in USA,but they are still always in poor situation and no wife,I think it because they are have lonely nature.
    What's wrong with a lonely nature?

    I have a lonely nature and a pretty girlfriend too.

    I'll admit my wallet is always in poor situation though...

    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

    Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that somebody's nature plays important role in making them rich , then it's the luck .

  16. #16
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Luck is a funny thing - it's unreliable. If luck has made you a success, lack of it might make you a failure. Remember, the odds are always in favor of the house
    Luck may be unreliable (in the sense that it only happens occasionally) however it's wrong to say that the lack of it may reduce you back to failure. Luck is what gives you opportunities, it doesn't replace the hard work to sustain a business (which is what we were suggesting). If your good luck suddenly dries up you can still have a successful career off the back of the lucky break that gave you the opportunity in the first place. And while back luck can reduce careers to ruin, there's little to nothing you can do to control it, so why even count it as a variable. Even if you don't get lucky, you can still have a rotten load of bad luck that can screw up your life - or are you suggesting everyone should become paranoid that their life is going to be wiped out in seconds at any time in the near future?

    PS: Who is the "house", I'm not sure anyone governs luck, unless you're suggesting that Leprechauns are trying to sham(rock) me

  17. #17
    ✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,284
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Luck may be unreliable (in the sense that it only happens occasionally) however it's wrong to say that the lack of it may reduce you back to failure. Luck is what gives you opportunities, it doesn't replace the hard work to sustain a business (which is what we were suggesting). If your good luck suddenly dries up you can still have a successful career off the back of the lucky break that gave you the opportunity in the first place. And while back luck can reduce careers to ruin, there's little to nothing you can do to control it, so why even count it as a variable. Even if you don't get lucky, you can still have a rotten load of bad luck that can screw up your life - or are you suggesting everyone should become paranoid that their life is going to be wiped out in seconds at any time in the near future?

    PS: Who is the "house", I'm not sure anyone governs luck, unless you're suggesting that Leprechauns are trying to sham(rock) me
    Well, I was suggesting a gambling resemblance (re: house), but anyway... The point I was trying to make was that planning on luck as part of your success strategy isn't such a good idea. In my opinion anyway. Maybe you have so much luck you can plan on yours

    Otherwise, you can't control getting lucky also, so why even count it as a variable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibetan_Tiger View Post
    I know two guys,they are clever and they are in USA,but they are still always in poor situation and no wife,I think it because they are have lonely nature.
    Being a loner can be a big advantage. Usually that means you have all that extra time you're not spending socializing, which you can use to work harder. Of course it depends on the type of your work - sometimes it, indeed, can be an issue.
    Saul

  18. #18
    SitePoint Addict NetNerd85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibetan_Tiger View Post
    I think one's nature is the most important factor of making one rich,then opportunity,IQ
    Luck is the point where opportunity meets preparation, nothing more, nothing less. Being in the right place, at the right time, with the right solution is not luck. Luck is the justification for not doing anything, who needs to put the effort in if there is luck magically in the air.

    A man's nature makes him rich.

    And money has absolutely nothing to do with being rich.
    a new day, a new beginning
    never follow the crowd, the crowd is poor!

  19. #19
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, being in the right place at the right time is certainly just luck. You can prepare all you want and have the best nature in the world and be smart as a whip and still find yourself on the short end of the stick because someone else got to the party first, met the 'angel' investor at the party before you did and went on to fame and fortune. Many great fortunes have been created because of the luck of an unplanned chance meeting somewhere.

    Hoyt Axton once sang a song "work your fingers to the bone, what do you get? Bony fingers".
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

  20. #20
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chance is essential for make money...and no money no rich, right ?

  21. #21
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opportunities for those who are prepared

  22. #22
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNerd85 View Post
    Luck is the point where opportunity meets preparation, nothing more, nothing less. Being in the right place, at the right time, with the right solution is not luck.
    Doesn't make it feel any less lucky to me

  23. #23
    SitePoint Addict NetNerd85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Doesn't make it feel any less lucky to me
    Why feel lucky when you can feel successful?
    a new day, a new beginning
    never follow the crowd, the crowd is poor!

  24. #24
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why feel successful when you can feel lucky and successful!

  25. #25
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money is a main factor to be rich.But money comes with your luck.success is the factor behind luck.when you succeed, opportunities comes on your way.But for success you need to work hard.what effort you have taken is most important thing.So in my opinion effort on your work makes a guy rich


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •