User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script not working in NS 4.x

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. The script in question is a DHTML popup menu script I got from Dynamic Drive. Pop-it allows you to associate a dynamic menu with regular links on the page - useful in this case because ultimately the menu bar and sublinks will be database generated and there will be varying numbers of links in the menu bar and in the sublinks - so links will be moving around on the page. Menus based on absolute positioning were out and this is the only script of this nature I could find.

1. If anyone has a link to a relative positioned (based on link location) dropdown/popup menu script that has a wide range of browser/OS combo compatibility, please let me know.

2. See source code

3. Problem: In Netscape 4.x on any platform (Linux, Unix included) the css attributes (background colors, rollover colors, etc.) are not rendering properly. It is defaulting to a gray background with no rollover functionality.

4. Script works beautifully in all other browser/OS combos except KDE 2.2.1/Konqueror 1.9.8 where the dropdowns render garbled.

Any help on this would be appreciated$.

Need it very soon if possible. Thanks.

Web-coding NINJA! silver trophy beetle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beetle a.k.a. Peter Bailey
    blogs: php | prophp | security | design | zen | software
    refs: dhtml | gecko | prototype | phpdocs | unicode | charsets
    tools: ide | ftp | regex | ffdev

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, beetle, but...

I have already been in touch with these folks. It would be a huge cost to license since they license by page and this project will have a huge number of dynamic pages generated by a database. The code I have posted is simple and streamlined and free. And rather than supplant it, I would like to fix it. Thanks anyway.

Web-coding NINJA! silver trophy beetle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem....I actually didn't realize they charged for it. I remember looking at it 6 months ago or so and I don't remember them charging for it then.

Capitalism: Best Friend, Worst Enemy.
    beetle a.k.a. Peter Bailey
    blogs: php | prophp | security | design | zen | software
    refs: dhtml | gecko | prototype | phpdocs | unicode | charsets
    tools: ide | ftp | regex | ffdev

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ran across another link based script...

which is working in NS4.x. I am going to play with it in my code and see if it has the compatibility I want. It doesn't have the rollover effects, but I should be able to include that later with css if it works. I will post a link to it if it works out.