User Tag List

Thread: need help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help

Hello guys,

i have today buy a Acer emachine E730G, It comes preinstalled with Windows 7. But i didnt get any drivers cds from the shop. So i checked it on main Acer site

Please let me knnow if it possible for me if i can install Windows XP, because i am not 100% sure that it will work with it. here is the link to the driver page http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html

Also is it possible to make partitions on this windows 7 without formatting it, if yes, then plz tell me the software for it, Because it comed only with a single partiton i.e. c drive

Thank you

Usman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which version of Windows 7 is it? I think it has to be W7 Professional and up before you can run WindowsXP in XPMode and that's only if your hardware supports virtualization.

You can run this from M$ to check the virtualization part:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed on my laptop and virtualization means i run Windows XP inside Windows 7? and yes i have runned the tool and it says that "This computer is configured with hardware-assisted virtualization"

Also i want to disable unnecessary services and other gadgets to save battery power.

Thanks

usman

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have Windows 7, why on earth would you want to use XP? Windows 7 is by far superior to XP on every single level (including performance).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just asking that is my laptop compatible for windows xp, i am not sure, I really like Windows 7 than XP.

Also i want to disable unnecessary services and other gadgets to save battery power and speed up the performance. How i do that?

Thanks

usman