SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash SEO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ran a quick test with Flash MX - Macromedia have added an accessibility feature for Flash 6 player movies giving people with speech browsers or who can't use a mouse to browse the option to tab into button elements in a movie and hear a description of that link.

Unfortunately this feature doesn’t help as far as text used to link with are concerned - so your right Chris, Google simply register a link and not the text used for Flash 3,4,5,6 player version.

One other thing i noticed is when you export your movie as Flash 6 only using compression your movie losses the url info so Google wont be able to read the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we alreay said that Search Engines are working on it. In the future they will most likely be able to make some logical sense of Flash. In the mean time, if you care about your SE listing, stick with the hybrid.

But, we all know that Google cares mainly about incoming links anyway, so Flash or HTML or anything else should not make that big of difference if you can get others to link to you. The problem I have with this is that Google doesn't care about the page that much at all. I have seen some down right ugly pages that have no place on the web get listed fairly high, simply because of the backward links.