User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Postcards: how to use them ?

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to use postcards in advertising one's business ? I don't know anything about this topic and on Google I only find stuff about how to actually design postcards, but nothing about how they are used in advertising ..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ? ..

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't take this the wrong way... but why on earth would you consider using postcards for advertising a business?

Even if you're not a technology business I can't really see a practical use for them apart from as yet more junk mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a graphic designer moreso than a Web Designer I've made postcard designs for small businesses over the years, most of whom simply put them up in the local Post Office / shop window. Because they are 300DPI (mine anyway) they can also be used in press advertisements.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baia View Post
    Hi everyone,

What is the best way to use postcards in advertising one's business ? I don't know anything about this topic and on Google I only find stuff about how to actually design postcards, but nothing about how they are used in advertising ..
    I don't disagree with using postcards, but maybe you should rectify your use in them. A postcard is something that people normally send on holiday, and companies send them during the holiday season to their existing customers, like a "hello, we still exist", meaning.

If you wish to send postcards maybe you should send them to existing clients during the holiday season, so Christmas and Easter. I would not send a postcard to somebody you don't know, as it's likely to be ignored. This would be advertising to existing clients.

Hope this helps.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thank you all