SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion IQ is important for getting rich.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are very lucky, some, unfortunate! If you have IQ then, atleast you know how to play your cards well.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think you have to clearly define what rich is, but most peoples interpretation is money. Being smart is more likely to make you rich, I think people with great personalities that can make you money are also pretty smart, like Oprah, she has a great personality and understands what people want.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree jgand.
    "most peoples interpretation is money" and I think that is exactly what makes you rich. Money. That's it. I think brains and personality are probably close to a 50/50 split as a means of getting there.

In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers - "Every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser"
    Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

SitePoint Enthusiast greatrates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A man or a womans wealth comes from a thought process. Yeah, yeah... I know it might sound crazy, but think about it.

Have you ever heard a rich guy talk like a poor guy or a poor guy talk like a rich guy?
    Have you ever seen a poor guy with the confidence of a rich guy or a rich guy with unsure of himself?

Like they say... change your mind and the way you think... change your life.
    Chris Farrell Membership - Members First Get Together Video

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without any doubt whatsoever, it is a persons nature. I know a LOT of people who are very "clever", but that's where the line ends for them. Few of them are rich. I also know a lot of people who aren't overly bright, but just "who they are as a person" seems to attract a lot of what one might call: "good luck".

Of course it's not all as black and white as that, but if you want money in this world, you don't have to be smart to do that. Smarts doesn't make money. If you're greedy, you'll make plenty of money. But greed isn't smart. If you're uncaring of others and ruthless, you'll make plenty of money. But that isn't smart either. If you're willing to throw all your morals out the window and bend over for every Tom, Dick and Harry, you'll make plenty of money, but that isn't smart.

Again, it is not intelligence that makes money. It is who a person is. Look at me. I am extremely intelligent. Smarter than most people around me. I mean, I'm almost a super genius! But I'm always scraping for a dollar

However, I am also thoughtful, kind, considerate, caring and have good morals. I'll never have any money. Plus,most people who don't have any morals at all, don't like me very much, because they feel as though I am judging them. It's called a guilty conscience. So That makes it hard for me to find any "luck"

I could keep typing, because as you can see, I've got it all sorted. But one has to stop somwehere.

P.S. Yes I was joking about the super genius thing (of course), but I do now a LOT of people that have far less brains, common sense or wisdom than me, and not a money worry in the world.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen many rich without high IQ and reverse also people having high IQ but poor. In majority cases the proportion is reverse.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeN View Post
    However, I am also thoughtful, kind, considerate, caring and have good morals. I'll never have any money.
    So, in other words, you don't know how to make money without giving up your morals.

There's no universal "smart". You can be smart at something, but a complete idiot at something else. I know I am.

So it happens that many of those smart people you're talking about don't know the first thing about business and making money. It's a skill to be learned, like programming or design.

Nobody is born knowing php, and nobody is born knowing how to make money. If you haven't learned it, how do you expect to know it?

Person's nature can help someone learn it easier or faster, but they do learn it some way or another. Those who can't, simply don't yet know how.
    Saul

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^
    Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.