User Tag List

Thread: I give up.

Resident OCD goofball! bronze trophy Serenarules's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I give up.

I'm done ladies and gentlemen. After having this idea run around in my head for ten years, and actively trying to bring it to reality for two, I have reached the end the road. I went from webforms to mvc, to mvc with ddd, back to vanilla mvc, and just today I found myself coding some php. I don't know exactly why, but nothing about any of the current languages or frameworks sits well with me. I simply don't like any of it. Nothing works the way I want it to, and I can't work the way they need. Not to mention, I have six kids to feed. Not being employed all this time has hurt us badly. Therefore, I quit. I'm not wasting any more time on this. I'm deinstalling the server for win7, and never looking back.

Later.

Chopped Liver bronze trophy imaginekitty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of tossing everything, why not release it as some sort of open source project? Let others take off with what you've started?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering it. Thought I may sit on it a while first. It's in such a state of disarray at the moment, there isn't really even anything to put up.

Anyway, thanks for saying something Mark.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sitting on it sounds like a good idea. Sometimes perspective changes when you back away for a while and let the dust settle. Often for me I come back with fresh ideas and more energy.

Chopped Liver bronze trophy imaginekitty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenarules View Post
    I'm considering it. Thought I may sit on it a while first. It's in such a state of disarray at the moment, there isn't really even anything to put up.

Anyway, thanks for saying something Mark.
    You've been good to me.

I always learn from your posts. I may not understand them as you know lots more than I do but they make me think.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh boy...

I would advise you to take an hour off every night to read this book: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Men by Stephen C.

Your life will be much better... now as to programming... best luck on a job hunt!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually going back to college (started last week). I'm going for a sysadmin/networking degree (CCNA). It's more technical then abstract and right up my alley.

I don't want you guys to think I'm depressed or anything. I'm just being realistic with the limited amount of progress I was making compared to the other things I have to do in my life.

=)