SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restaurant Listings

I am doing SEO for a local restaurant, and like to know if there is anything I should do besides using keywords and meta-tags relating to the restauran't name in order to assure a top spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was searching for a restaurant I would search by cuisine and or location so I would suggest targeting these key words.
    If anyone searches by name it would rank well anyway.

affordable website design

:: sydney australia ::

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just doing that won't get them a top spot anywhere unless it is on a very obscure search term.

Check out this article:

http://www.promotionbase.com/article/762
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast Sharon & Roy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Restaurant Listings

Originally posted by Host Monster

I am doing SEO for a local restaurant, and like to know if there is anything I should do besides using keywords and meta-tags relating to the restaurant name in order to assure a top spot.
    When people search the Net for a restaurant, the likelihood that the queries will be like this ...

<type> Restaurant <city>

... Are very high. Therefore design your Home Page HTML Title Tag like this ...

<title>Italian Restaurant Los Angeles - 800.566.2128 - Marco's Place</title>

For this type of listing you'd be wise to include the phone number for convenience, so that folks can easily call the restaurant without ever having to click through to the actual Home Page.

Check the listings, most will not have phone numbers in the HTML Title Tags.

Also place the full name and address and phone number at the top (opening paragraph) and bottom of each page.

Placing it at the top, will ensure that Google (and others who use Snippets) extract the correct information for your visitors to read about in the SERP (search engine results pages).

For those engines that use the Meta Description Tag, place this information there.

Then just acquire as many Backward Links from RELATED pages or sites with your keywords ... Italian Restaurant Los Angeles ... in the Anchor Tag Text.

This SEO technique ALONE will get you a top ranking and acquiring enough links, a #1 ranking.
    Call For A FREE 1 Hour SEO Consultation 760-378-2539 (Pacific)
    Want To Learn All About Search Engine Optimization? We Teach A 6
    Week Online SEO Class - There Is So Much More To SEO Than Just
    Meta Tags ::: http://www.iwon.net/seo/class-description/

Central, PA - originally from Monterey, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of putting the phone number in the title tag. Though it does not do anything for ranking, it does diffferentiate the restaurant from other search results on the page.

Best Regards,
    worksdev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't put phone number is title tag. Actually restraunts are best classified by location first, then by Cuisine.

Central, PA - originally from Monterey, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Archbob
    I wouldn't put phone number is title tag. Actually restraunts are best classified by location first, then by Cuisine.
    Why not Archbob? It appeared at the end. Does it kill relvancy that much? I think it would be cool to have the phone number appear in the search results. Yes, people won't click through, but they might call and make a reservation.

I do however, defer to your dark sith powers. By the way many are looking for your ring. Was it a US desert? Was it an Earth desert?

--worksdev