SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling advertising on eBay

I read somewhere on the SP forums about selling advertising on eBay.

With the serious glut of inventory I have available, I'm exploring all avenues of selling it. In therory, this sounds like a good idea, but I'd just like to hear what what you all have to say about it.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do but we have a different target. Our visitors are your every day people. I think if your site demographic is your average joe, I think selling on ebay is fine. But if you have a specific target market.... Good luck.

Ebay is not the best resource for selling your used advertising, but its one source. I find I have better luck filling used space with www.CJ.com things and affiliate banners.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go ahead and test Ebay out. It's like a wholesale market, really. You'll sell it, but at bargain basement prices.

Also, consider bartering your excess advertising space. I've done a lot of bartering for products and services, and had many good trades. You don't gain cash, but you could conserve cash that you were going to spend for someone elses products or services. Seems like there's a lot of skilled people here who'd jump at the opportunity.

good luck
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.