SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CSS for forms, anyone?

I need a form for my website, and I'd like it to look a lot nicer than just using straight HTML. Unfortunately my knowledge of CSS is nonexistent. So rather than just code my own, I'd like to find one that exists and just modify it to my own needs.

SitePoint had a great article on form design with CSS that did exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately the CSS used to make this form isn't included, which is disappointing.

If anyone can help me find the code I'm after, I would be greatly appreciative.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    There's an infinite number of ways to lay out forms with CSS, so you need to be more specific about what you want. Even the article you linked to has many different layouts.

Here a thread from today about form layout. Paul O'Brien has posted some very nice code for a form layout that you might like to copy and explore:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701971

Otherwise, which form in the article above did you like? Do you have an image you could attache of the layout you like?

PS: Welcome to SitePoint!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    There's an infinite number of ways to lay out forms with CSS, so you need to be more specific about what you want. Even the article you linked to has many different layouts.

Here a thread from today about form layout. Paul O'Brien has posted some very nice code for a form layout that you might like to copy and explore:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701971

Otherwise, which form in the article above did you like? Do you have an image you could attache of the layout you like?

PS: Welcome to SitePoint!
    Thanks for replying. I'd be happy to clarify.

What I was looking for was perhaps a website that had a library of different forms with their respective HTML and CSS. Once I saw something that looked good, I could modify the colors and form elements to suit my needs.

As for the SitePoint article I linked, this image is most like what I'm after.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Squid View Post
    What I was looking for was perhaps a website that had a library of different forms with their respective HTML and CSS. Once I saw something that looked good, I could modify the colors and form elements to suit my needs.
    I don't know of one off hand, but of course, all you need to do is find a site with a form you like and look under the hood to see how it was done.

The article you linked to above doesn't show all of the code, as it is an excerpt from a really good book published by SitePoint. I would recommend that you grab the PDF version, as it goes through the process of building the form step-by-step.