SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Twitter is more effective, because you don't have to enter a captcha for every tweet you make, and it also boosts your SEO. With DIGG, you have to delect the category which you want to submit your links to, which is time consuming. And, with Twitter, you can setup 3rd party useful applications, such as HootSuite, or TwitterFeed, to auto post to Twitter, and increase traffic instantly, versus DIGG, that you have to solve a captcha for everytime...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a lot of followers, then yes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both so you can acquire both of the market. Some people are using Twitter but not using Digg and viceversa.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my opinion, i think twitter is more effective in traffic but no luck with seo

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vannarith View Post
    in my opinion, i think twitter is more effective in traffic but no luck with seo
    With Twitter, you can build a million dollar company too. It's all about branding yourself, and staying engaged with your customers in building quality relationships...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really donn't konw how to promote my website at twitter or digg?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa12345 View Post
    My advice is to combine both to increase your traffic, because they have different roles; twitter let the people know that you exist, while digg brings you upper in Google and the SE.
    Very nice. I never notice that before, I will insist on useing the digg and twitter. Frankly, nobody visits my website, gigxon.com, from twitter or digg,although I have do that for one month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thin it depends upon the subject of your blog and the network of friends in twitter. If ur friends are interested in subject you can get high traffic. Thats way you can get more traffic that digg.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Digg is really great portal to share news but can not compare to twitter.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using both from past 1 year, i dont think we can say one is better than other, it also depend on how much you are getting response from each site users.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johntli View Post
    Twitter is just for getting quick visitors on your website but digg is important for getting a new post indexed in SE within less time.
    That is if your article get dugg. Otherwise its pretty useless...as you will get 0 traffic too all the time.

SitePoint Enthusiast sparkie2260's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both can be helpful. But Digg has generally been going downhill; some say for five years already. I stay open to new and upcoming venues. Facebook is giant, and with the release of "The Social Network" a couple weeks ago, it's only going to grow more. MySpace, practically dead and buried, unless you're in a band. And on and on it goes. I'm waiting for the next giant to get a foothold by year's end. Anyone want to guess what it's going to be?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    It's pretty simple, you offer useful insightful content and links, you gain followers, you thereby get to give people notifications of new stuff relating to you, regular visitors will appear from those who follow you. It's a lot like an HTML email subscription or RSS feed where the content is syndicated to the visitor
    I'm not having much success on Twitter and wonder if I should change how I use it. Right now my posts are automatically updated and sent out (post header and link to my site). But with this auto update they don't have hash# tags and I wonder if that means no one can find them (or they're less searchable on Twitter). Would it be more effective to turn off the feed and manually send out the posts with hash tags?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    twitter has the traffic yea, but theres one huge advantage digg has i think. High PR backlink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
    I'm a little left behind in the times here and just recently noticed how many bloggers are using "tweets" over "diggs". Is Twitter the most effective of the two?
    Very interesting you ask! I just did an experiment with this. I bought that tweet adder software and waited till I had about 2000 followers. Then I installed TwitterTools for wordpress.

Since that time, I average about 5-8% of my followers visit the article. So for example, if I had 1000 followers, I would get 50 to 80 visitors per tweet (wordpress auto tweets for each new blog post).

I have a friend who has 40K followers who swears he gets 20% visitors/per tweet. I'm skeptical of that though. I think 5% is average.

SitePoint Member Steve-Hostirian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of traffic, I think Twitter has the current edge. Digg is getting dugg less and less.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Digg and Twitter are different platforms, but Twitter when used right can get you a list of interested users, which is what it is great for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digg has been losing its attractiveness to webmasters since it changed its URL format. Before you can get a dofollow link from Digg but Digg became selfish when its popularity skyrocketed.

Twitter, on the other hand, has more followers than Digg.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaeldl View Post
    Before you can get a dofollow link from Digg but Digg became selfish when its popularity skyrocketed
    I would argue that it was not selfishness but more likely that Digg got tired of being SPAMmed by SEO-kiddies making link drops.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah this thread could be retitled "which social media network should we all go destroy next?" or something.

Buuuut
    Right now my posts are automatically updated and sent out (post header and link to my site). But with this auto update they don't have hash# tags and I wonder if that means no one can find them (or they're less searchable on Twitter). Would it be more effective to turn off the feed and manually send out the posts with hash tags?
    Whatever the topic of your site, tweet to others who are talking about that subject, reply to things they say, and if they find you are in the same boat as them and talk about the same interesting things, they will follow you, and possibly their followers will as well. The hash tag thing... most of the people I know who use hash tags so far are making up stuff that doesn't even exist because it's cute.

I tried to search for stuff by hash tag and it was only other people using the terms completely different from what I was looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittineague View Post
    I would argue that it was not selfishness but more likely that Digg got tired of being SPAMmed by SEO-kiddies making link drops.
    Digg's anti-spam measure/system was enough. Digg should not think that all those who came to their site is seo-fanatic. We are not. Digg should remember that its growth is largely attributed to ordinary webmasters like us who had used its bookmarking service. What did Digg do in return to our help? Nothing. Instead, Digg wallowed in arrogance and selfishness. I never typed digg's url after that.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

As I experience it, Digg is advantageous if you start a new website. It helps to Google to index your site in a little while. Use it if you want Google and other search engines to notice you.

What concerns Twitter, it brings more traffic to an already indexed webpage.

... Digg got tired of being SPAMmed by SEO-kiddies making link drops.
    Unfortunately... that may be right.

... Digg should remember that its growth is largely attributed to ordinary webmasters like us who had used its bookmarking service...
    This may be also true.

IMHO, both have their own specific advantages. You may be fine with using both of them in their own place.

Best,

Sandor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Digg is the 1st port of call to get a new site picked up by google but ongoing i tend to find twitter is much better and also another thing is i think Digg made a drastic mistake changing the layout,my way of thinking is if it aint broke dont fix it.But i could be wrong this is only my opinion

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter has an advantange of being more popular than Digg. Moreover, Twitter attracts more traffic as so many people uses it compared to Digg.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is the top dog, so obviously it's more effective then digg at generating traffic.