SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adding content to DW MX templates with a script

Someone approached me about setting up a company that makes affordable, template-based sites for small and medium companies.

According to his estimates, he may have too many clients that just pasting up content on the templates by individual encoders could take would be too much trouble. He asked me if it's possible to create a script or application that will cut down the time doing this or if DW MX has the capability to do this.

I told him I'll get back to him after discussing it with a panel of experts

so, what do you guys think? Doable or does he have to bite the bullet and paste it up by hand?
    http://www.soapbox101.com

SitePoint Evangelist azizur_rahman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreamweavr MX has templates where you design them once and use them over and over... but the part of the pages that changes (editable regions) are left to what ever was in the template at design time... but anyone can chnage that...

If he's going to make sample of templates that uses same content then.. I'd say use ASP/PHP/JSP that way the conent is put in the db and all you do is connect the content to the templates... so you can have same conent for every templates but different layout/theme/colour and so on..

Its not that hard to do.. but you'll have to do lot of thinking and planning into the design.

Let me know how it goes... Good Luck.
    Azizur Rahman
    Web Application Developer