Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I enjoy reading the once a year Scroll magazine http://scrollmagazine.com/

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally just pick one up at a store to free me from my PC and to give my brain a break from all the moving text and images online!! Advertising is sometimes a bit over the top, but then they have to make their money somehow. I guess.
    Last edited by molona; Aug 19, 2010 at 23:25. Reason: fake signagtures deleted

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Yep .net mag does it for me, informative articles most months and wasn't that sitepoint css booklet a nice surprise

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which issue had the CSS booklet? I missed it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    issue 205, the one with the large GO on the front cover

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I missed that issue probably because I was in Sicily when it hit the market. I usually buy in Easons or ASDA in Enniskillin, and they sell out fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to subscribe to .net magazine, but I find that resources like SitePoint and SmashingMagazine are fair better these days.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have long thought that having an actual print magazine for web dev is kind of strange. With that being said, I presently receive EContent and Website magazines. They are quite expensive but both subscriptions were comped. They are only about 50 or so pages and are a 50/50 mix of content and ads. I work and meet with clients at home so they look good on the coffee table.

Keith

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done bellarush online edition is only choice I have and which I am utilizing till date. I haven't attempted the .net let me confirm out that too.........
    <snip />
    Last edited by SpacePhoenix; Aug 24, 2010 at 10:57. Reason: removed fake signature

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I used to buy .NET regularly but got fed up with the biased towards Adobe products, it seemed just about every tutorial was based on Photoshop, Dreamweaver or Flash.
    Same for me and there was another webdesign magazine I liked the look of with the same problem.

Well, those are the tools that most of the professional use, so I'm not surprised if they dedicate quite a bit of time to them. It happens with most of the magazines
    There are people who want a magazine that are not professionals.

I take in more with a paper book or magazine; I am not keen on taking the PC in the bath either

I have had subsriptions to magazines and it seems like a third of the magazine are adverts; a third of the articals are of no interest and the last third might be of some interest. Paying out 5+ for a read of a couple of hours is a waste; I only tend to buy them if I am going on a journey.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

This is noahethan from california.I am workiing as a Medical Coder in Isource.I do read those website magazines.<snip>Link deleted - C'mon... we're talking about web design mangazines!</snip>
    Last edited by molona; Aug 31, 2010 at 03:03. Reason: do not spam the forums, please

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use to be a subscribing to .net, however, I found that it contained too many adverts and I did not like the way it worded things. It happen to show people off and try and evoke jealousy in me. Eventually I quickly realized that it was not worth my money and I could quite possibly find the material online for free.

One thing I do miss about .net was the software reviews and free software available. This was by far the most valuable thing. To be fair I can get most of the software on download.com so it's not that big of a deal.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read Computer Arts occasionally but I'm not subscribed. I'm thinking about subscribing but I never seem to find time to read magazines after I've bought them. NetNewsWire is filled with 300+ unread blog posts so perhaps that's enough and besides, when I do read paper format it tends to be a book.

Hmmm.
    Daniel Nordstrom. of. Nintera(ctive)
    -- Featured post: Part 2. Writing NI.JS JavaScript
    ----- Follow me on Twitter. Got project? Contact me.
    -------- SitePoint: Community Guidelines Be A Great Member

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Web Designer magazine which is published in the UK but is available at Barnes and Noble in the US. It's expensive but worth the price. There are always tutorials on the latest trends in web design and there is a CD included with new resources. I highly recommend it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creativity is the part which can also be express through online design magazines that provide information for new media designers, graphic designers and any of you who take a keen interest in the area of creative world and its aspects, from articles, interviews, news and links to other related web sites.
    <snip />
    Last edited by SpacePhoenix; Sep 5, 2010 at 23:25. Reason: removal of fake signature