SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a good search term clickthrough %?

I know this is a general question with no cut and dry answer, but what would be considered a good clickthrough percentage for a keyword.

I have what I feel are very well targeted keywords, nothing generic, and I am not seeing the kind of response I think I should be. I am wondering what kind of clickthrough % others are seeing. Mine seems to be aroud 5%-15%.

I feel mine is lower than it should be.
    Thanks,
    doug

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? A PPC program?
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the CTR is not really as relevent as the return on investement (ROI). This issue has been discussed here before - I think in the advertising and promotion forum. It's like a corner shop has to have lots of customers each day because each one has a low average spend buying milk and break and such. However, a car sales yard might only need to make one or two sales a week and may only get a dozen prospective customers through their doors a week.

Same with CTR and your site. What is the conversion rate for the PPC campain? That is, of all the visitors the link sends you what proportion of them take an action (make a sale, download something, join up for a mailing list, whatever)? What on average is a new active customer worth to you - say in direct sales over 12 months, in advertising generated by the web site, etc? Then you can work out your ROI. For every dollar you spend gaining click-throughs, how much on average does that make you in revenue?