Thread: IFrame madness

SitePoint Enthusiast MarcTomasz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IFrame madness

Hello,

I'm the web designer of www.BookReviewCafe.com. My web knowledge is limited at the moment, but we have a desent web site and a following.

I want to expand and start approaching authors and publishers to advertise on the web site. My idea at the moment is to have an IFrame with "Favorites" and clicking on the link will lead to the book description and reviews and such. The reason I'm using IFrames is so that I can control the ads from one web page rather than hard coding each page manually.

That being said, is there any way that the IFrames can be seen on Netscape Browsers? It seems that Netscape has been my greatest adversary. Thankfully, most of my viewers are IE and AOL visitors.

Also, I know there are better ways to do what I'm doing, but I have no knowledge of scripting like PHP, CGI and ASP. Would I be able to do something like this with JavaScript?

Thanks

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iframes can be seen on any netscape browsers 6.0+, you can't do anything about any version of netscape before 6.0 though.

SitePoint Enthusiast MarcTomasz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bites.

Oh well, what can you do? Thankfully those who are using Netscape are only 9% of my viewers...probably less because some of them use 6.0

Thanks for the help anyway.