SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,
    i'm new to web design and i want to create a web page (a protfolio) for my friend. i want to create my own buttons and graphics actually. which is the best program to design such graphics (navigation bars, buttons, logos, etc.?)
    thnx
    orkun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Like you might have already heard, if you have the money Adobe PhotoShop is the way to go, but if not there are several alternatives.
    Paintshop pro and PhotoImpact are probably two of the other leaders in the budget range.
    It all depends on what your after in a program and ultimatly what your budget is.

I hope I've been helpful, if you have any more questions feal free to email me, (email is in my profile).

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to make those graphics really fast, you could try Xara Webstyle. This program uses templates of headings, buttons, bars and more. It's not an expensive program, so you could try it. Paintshop Pro is very good, and even better: Beta 7 is totally free. I use it myself right now and I didn't have to pay for it! (the good life of a beta-tester)

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    Webmaster
    www.emudreams.web.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound new to graphics creation, so I HIGHLY recommend Paint Shop Pro 6.0 (http://www.jasc.com - trial available).

Other than that, there's also a free trial of the slightly more expensive (and advanced) Macromedia Fireworks 3 (http://www.macromedia.com)

------------------
    Chris Bowyer - Programmer in Training
    DomainMailings.com: Who says all the good names are taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk about you're favorite flicks!