SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get much traffic from forum signatures...

I mostly use forum signatures to build dofollow back links to my website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you sig is on topic to your posts they can be quite effective for quality traffic.

For link building the impact is very minimal.

If you have quality sites and are looking to build a reputation this can also be an effective use of forum signature links.

It's just one piece of a very large puzzle. It doesn't hurt so unless you are trying to hide your sites I think it's worth doing.
    I run an insurance company directory at InsuranceCompanies.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It actually would be hard to do that as they do not get that much traffic but still you require doing that. It depends on the forum and the type of associates it has.
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Jul 26, 2010 at 09:01. Reason: removed fake sig

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum posts only send referrral traffic to your site. The more reputation you have, the more traffic you get.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you get a bit.

I do not even get to use a signature here until I've been a member for 90 days. So I have a 2 months to go.

What did you mean by "The more reputation you have"?

Charlie (other003)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think about it much; I do it for the backlinks. Forum posting is not the only way to build links anyway. I do a little forum posting, a little social book marking, directory submission..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum signature actually gives you the backlink and keyword ranking. It gives too less trafic. but if you choose related theme forum, then it will be benifitial for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends if the contents of your site, are solutions to problems that the users have, because, if it offers solutions, it can generate traffic, but, maybe not much as you would like to. Choose where to use your site link. But it's more usefull if you are looking for information, that you provide in your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really a good question. I have accounts in almost 10 popular forums and i post about 5 posts to each of them every day. In my experience, the forum signature bring few traffic to my site, usually less than 10 in a day.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Lutz View Post
    Forum signature are helpful to get traffic to your site especially if you able to find relevant for your niche. Since i am enjoying different conversations in the forum, i consider it as a guide since i learned new things to other forum porters and it is a way of discovering new post and new knowledge topics.

i do completely agree with this as if you posting your comments on fashion and you are providing a link of web development then though you have a nice post yet people will have less tendency to click to it and follow your link. So try to post on a niche topics if you are expecting visitors from forums.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT is very difficult to say how much traffic you got by forum signature. But IT is sure you have got a Quality Back links, and a new visitors for your website.

Thanks & Regards
    Last edited by ralph.m; Aug 4, 2010 at 06:44. Reason: FAKE signature removed (= no traffic)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís depend upon your performance if you focus on your related category means you need to post on your related question post and you must be active member so you will get good traffic