User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incentivizing Affiliate Program Advertisers

Hi,

I am considering starting a rewards program type site similar to www.ebates.com but I don't really know where to begin. I know certain affiliate networks like www.cj.com and www.fineclicks.com allow you to pass information to them which they can report back to you so you know who signed up with what.

However, I am not for sure what kind of programming is involved to create a "membership" type site, so that when members log in, all of the CJ and Fineclicks affiliate programs that I am promoting include something like that member's email address or username at the end of each link so that I can identify that "member" signed up with a particular advertiser.

Are there any commercial software solutions available to provide this kind of tracking or would something like this require some kind of a custom database? Any help is appreciated.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... I don't understand you but I try to answer [if the answer is bad give better clarification of your problem]
    You want to know from what advertiser did the user come? It's very easy. You can just pass thru the special variable via url or cookie...