SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working with .vm files and where to make changes

I have inherited a website that I have been told was created in .asp. There are no .html files; everything is a .vm file. I can open these and poke around a bit, but they are clearly created in a different manner than I know. The directory structure of the site is different than what I am accustomed to as well.

I need to edit a few items on a page:

http://www.barkercompany.com/page/item.barker?id=sales

...and I cannot find any file that contains the information I need to edit! I tried a search with no result. I have manually opened every file that looks even remotely promising, with no luck. Please somebody help!

thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems .vm refers to a Virtual Memory file.

What platform is that website running on? I see the file extension of the linked page is .barker, which means there is some extension mapping going on. Have you confirmed that .barker maps to .asp or .vm?
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian, thanks for the response.

I think the website is running on an .asp server... I think. I haven't confirmed what .barker maps to, because I didn't know I needed to do that. Once I confirm that, what is my next step?

I know when we acquired the site (through a company acquisition) our web host freaked that it was .asp based, and basically transfered that site to an .asp server and now will have nothing more to do with it.