User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress page.php customization

Hi,
    I am creating a blog with Wordpress. The blog has completely different layout from static page's. Meaning that even the header and footer are different.
    Therefore I moved the header and footer code into page.php, and remove <?php get_header(); ?> <?php get_footer(); ?>.
    Until here everything works fine .... except .... in the <div class="entry"> where the text of the post should be shown, only the 1st character of the 1st word is shown.
    When I roll back and use <?php get_header(); ?> <?php get_footer(); ?> the text of the post is showing fine.
    What am I missing??????

SitePoint Enthusiast fatihturan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why you moved header and footer code into page.php? You can customize header and footer for page.php template with conditional tags.
    Web & User Interface Designer Co-Founder at Unicrow

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigN View Post
    Hi,
    I am creating a blog with Wordpress. The blog has completely different layout from static page's. Meaning that even the header and footer are different.
    Therefore I moved the header and footer code into page.php, and remove <?php get_header(); ?> <?php get_footer(); ?>.
    Until here everything works fine .... except .... in the <div class="entry"> where the text of the post should be shown, only the 1st character of the 1st word is shown.
    When I roll back and use <?php get_header(); ?> <?php get_footer(); ?> the text of the post is showing fine.
    What am I missing??????
    Hard to say. Perhaps share the code of your template here so we can take a look?