SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I add content under my blog pages?

Ok. so maybe I'm just technically challenged, but I have a wordpress blog with 2 pages and a few categories. When I make a new post I'm able to check a category to put it under, however I don't know how I can attach multiple posts under my second page. I can alter the one paragraph that I put on the page itself, like the introduction, but can't post separate blogs on this page. Ack..

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you want are custom category pages -- category pages are those that list posts in a specific category -- rather than "pages", which are meant to be static content, not lists of posts. By creating custom category pages, you can write that text you want to appear above/below/beside the list of posts.

Here are some instructions/examples on creating these pages in your theme:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Category_Templates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to expand on Dan's suggestion, rather than writing some html in the category template, you can use http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_page to pull in the content of a particular page.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you. this site gave me a lot of useful advice. I guess I was just used to trying to figure out what I could do in wordpress without inserting code. Would inserting code be easier as far as blogging is concerned?