SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good video or web-based conferencing ideas?

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the BEST place to post this question, but since it applies to my company marketing their products, I thought the marketing forums would be a good place to start.

Does anyone have experience with either video or other means of internet based conferencing? I was just told our marketing dept is trying to set up a meeting where they could conference call a client, and they plan to mail everyone attending a copy of our presentation on CD (PowerPoint) so they can walk through it as the call is held.

I'm wondering if there's not a better way to do this, maybe a way the presentation could be "broadcast" on the web (where we could control the pace of things) and those in attendance could see WHAT we wanted them to WHEN we want them to. Please let me know if you've used any online services or other tools that you would recommend. I've found a few services like WEBEX that offer some very good benefits, and I'm wondering if anyone's had experience with them or any other services.

Also, are there any applications that we could host on our own server to allow restricted access to clients, and allow us to control how the presentation is viewed on their end?

Sorry I'm not exactly sure what to call this, but any and all ideas and suggestions will be gladly accepted!

Much thanks!

Steve
    Last edited by Ravedesigns; Jul 16, 2002 at 10:47.
    Web Designer or Small Business Owner?
    Need More Leads and More Clients?
    Get Free Marketing Tips, Tricks and Ideas Here!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never given a presentation through WebEX, but a vendor used it once to pitch a product to us. I liked it. I believe they were able to click through their product (some Web-based CMS) with our mouse pointer; thus, controlling the experience. I think that was that presentation... look into it...but anyway, I do remember that WebEX was really cool.

Also, are there any applications that we could host on our own server to allow restricted access to clients, and allow us to control how the presentation is viewed on their end?
    What kind of *control* are you looking for? What do you want to present? PPT and Video? Do you want to control the flow of the presentation such as when you click on something it's automatically updated on their end too?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Initially we were looking to use MS Netmeeting, but after looking at Webex I think that's the option we're probably going to use. It looks like a slick system and should be fun to try out.

Thanks again,

Steve

SitePoint Addict mixmastermidori's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also given a demo using Placeware and it was pretty slick. You might want to check them out, too.

-Midori
    Nature's Sunshine herbs and supplements

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks Midori! I'll be sure to check them out too!

Cheers,

Steve