SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a new look for our company's site and am having some trouble with the graphics. You can view the new template graphic at www.ate.net/pages/hardware.htm .
    This is a composite image where the image was created and cut into pieces using ImageReady and then the needed parts were placed into an HTML table. Some cells just have a bgcolor and one has a HR. I've done all this so that I can get the graphic to expand/contract horizontally to fit the screen width. These are my questions/problems:

1. I cannot get the HR to align with the bottom of the cell on the 2nd row, right side. I need it to bottom align so it will match up with/continue the line in the logo graphic (under "Enterprises"). Any ideas?

2. I've shaded the gray so that it will look bezelled at the edges, but I need the graphic that creates the shading to expand along the horizontal edge beneath the "FAQ, About Us, etc." links. I've tried using percentages for width, but can't get one portion of the image to show (it shows one broken image link in that portion) when I do this. I think I read somewhere that you can use .css to make an image tile in one row horizontally. Any ideas how to do this to fill the width of a cell at various resolutions?

3. Is it possible to do the above (#2)vertically as well? I would like to use a similar effect to make the gray shading on left side expand as well so that it stretches the length of the content section, which will vary from page to page.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to take a look at the link with Netscape and its very distorted.

it looks nice in IE though.

doesnt answer your question, but you might want to take a look at it thru Netscape if you havent already.

good luck =)