SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to write an article on marketing. I just need a time to form all my collected materials.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great that we're getting loads of people wanting to contribute! Just remember (to those who have recently signed up), you can begin writing right now.

As denoted in the OP we have a deadline for submissions so go right ahead and begin producing your lovely content and it may end up in the book!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

I'm late on my submission, but I spoke to Hawk about it.

I would like to write about object oriented date and time management in PHP.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just an update on my article status. I had originally listed 4 topics I was interested in writing on. Right now I've got one article well underway, but with the way October is barreling down on us, I don't think I'm going to be able to write on all four. So as it stands now:

+++++++++++++++
    Well underway, and going to be submitted:
    Working Title: Playing with Explosives: Coding Email HTML Mailings that Don't Explode in the InBox.
    Article Description: Tips and techniques on design, code, and content, with code samples. I'll also talk about email development in a team environment.
    +++++++++++
    I have a lot of the content together and mostly written, and will also be submitted:
    Optimizing Flash for Search Engines
    techniques for optimizing flash content on a site to take advantage of Google's changes in how it indexes Flash.
    ++++++++++++++
    Haven't started, so probably up for grabs as a topic:
    Bug Slaying, Code Hygiene, the Hack Attack, and You: Tips, Tools and Techniques for Getting Your HTML and CSS To Behave and Still Look Nice.
    debugging tools, resources, and techniques for getting the front end webpage code to work, and be maintainable.
    +++++++++++++++
    Also haven't started, so also probably up for grabs:

Maintainable CSS
    structuring your CSS and style-sheet(s) to make them (and your site) more easily maintainable and update-able, without making you want to rip your hair out.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I want to write the site map book but I am thinking that' which book should be write and how? please tell me

<snip>
    Last edited by Black Max; Aug 4, 2010 at 22:24. Reason: removed fake signature

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've already begun laying out my ideas for my contributions... it's pretty exciting - hopefully everyone will enjoy the content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will new comers can also take part in this and have a classic opportunity to write for SP?

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Hi jerryp941,
    Thanks for your interest but I'm afraid you're a bit late this time round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to today's Community Crier newsletter #175, you still have some space left for a few more submission... could you possibly confirm this? I just heard of the project and would love to contribute at least one article!

Just sent you guys an email as well in case that's faster... *hopes hopes hopes that submissions can still be made*

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Hi!

So everybody was supposed to have their draft in by October 8th. How many people submitted articles? One? A hundred? How did my article look? Was it terrible or awesome? Has there been no news simply because you are SWAMPED? How are the articles looking? When will we know if our articles were accepted or declined? It's an exciting project... I am waiting with bated breath for updates....

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hi Coyote,

I'm sure there should be some news soon, but just by virtue of being a moderator I know that quite a few have been received and a few more are soon to be submitted. The staff are reviewing the submissions, and it is looking like this will be a very nice little book. And though it's not really for me to say, I do know that yours has been very well received. Well done.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucomeau View Post
    According to today's Community Crier newsletter #175, you still have some space left for a few more submission... could you possibly confirm this?
    Hi ucomeau, yes, as I understand it, some space has opened up for a few more submissions. What is your proposed topic? Ideally, it would be one that hasn't been covered yet, so post your topic here and we can advise further.

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Hi Coyote,

I'm sure there should be some news soon, but just by virtue of being a moderator I know that quite a few have been received and a few more are soon to be submitted. The staff are reviewing the submissions, and it is looking like this will be a very nice little book. And though it's not really for me to say, I do know that yours has been very well received. Well done.
    OHHHHH... I'm doing the Happy Dance even for that comment! I promise to buy several hardcopies if I am included!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Hi ucomeau, yes, as I understand it, some space has opened up for a few more submissions. What is your proposed topic? Ideally, it would be one that hasn't been covered yet, so post your topic here and we can advise further.
    Hi there!

I would like to write a bit about blogging and social media, how they are meant to build relationships, draw traffic (maybe briefly touch on a few different topics here, maybe a quick SEO overview and how it relates to blogging), mentioning a few of the major social media options (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn specifically), and possibly throw in a little about WordPress as well.

Would that work?

How long should the article be, and what's the timeline?

Thanks!

Ursula
    Ursula
    Visit my website & blog --> www.UCWebCreations.com
    Follow me on Twitter --> www.UCTweets.com
    Visit me on Facebook --> www.facebook.com/UCWebCreations

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article should be approximately 1500 to 5000 words in length and there have been over one dozen submissions already.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Holmberg
    I promise to buy several hardcopies if I am included!!!!
    From the draft I reviewed; it was a nice read but I don't make the decisions.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucomeau View Post
    I would like to write a bit about blogging and social media, how they are meant to build relationships, draw traffic (maybe briefly touch on a few different topics here, maybe a quick SEO overview and how it relates to blogging), mentioning a few of the major social media options (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn specifically), and possibly throw in a little about WordPress as well.
    One of the suggested categories is Social Networking, and—so far as I know—no one is currently writing on that topic, so this sounds perfect. I'm sure that Sarah (Hawk) will contact you though to confirm.

How long should the article be, and what's the timeline?
    As Robert said, 1500–5000 words is the ideal. I don't think a firm timeline is set, because this is a unique undertaking, but I would suggest getting started straight away. If you are confident with your subject, I would suggest aiming to have it done in a week or two. (Once I finally got around to starting mine, it took about a week.) But again, see what Sarah has to say, as none of this is really for me to say.

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    It is about time I updated you all on this anyway (sorry Coyote - for the record, your article is great and yes, you are being included).

We have 12 excellent submissions and 5 on the way. They are all going through a first round of reviews before being submitted for editing. You will be hearing from us shortly if you have submitted.

We do still have space for more articles if people are prepared to get writing immediately.

ucomeau, that subject is definitely open and we would love you to submit. Do you think you could get something written up within 2 weeks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    It is about time I updated you all on this anyway (sorry Coyote - for the record, your article is great and yes, you are being included).

We have 12 excellent submissions and 5 on the way. They are all going through a first round of reviews before being submitted for editing. You will be hearing from us shortly if you have submitted.

We do still have space for more articles if people are prepared to get writing immediately.

ucomeau, that subject is definitely open and we would love you to submit. Do you think you could get something written up within 2 weeks?
    Hi Hawk! Thanks for the reply! Definitely, I can get something written up within 2 weeks! Getting right on it! Thanks again!
    Ursula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if there are any updates yet on how the process is going? Thanks!
    Ursula

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I am aware the Editors have now got the accepted articles and are perusing through them, etc. Obviously it will take several months for them to do their editing.