Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try using joomla. and i think joomla has complete extension

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you donít want to pay for your blog then just go for worpress as it is free

All you have to do is just register a free hosting account and install Wordpress in it its simple and takes only 5 mins to create.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to host your blog on your server, there´s no alternative to wordpress!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should start out at www.blogspot.com - I created my first blog there and it was quite easy, and a lot of fun. To get yourself noticed, you have to provide content that the general public is interested it in. If you have that, tell a friend, that friend will tell a friend... and so on... also, read other peoples blog and comment on their topics. Leave your blog as reference, or if you comment on someone elses blog in blogspot, it will leave a reference to your blog automatically... then it's just a matter of patience. Have fun.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use wordpress and I believe itís the best no matter the level of knowledge u have, but itís not a bad thing to do tests as well, maybe youíll like more bloggerÖ

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please take note. This thread's topic of discussion is:
    Quote Originally Posted by phlum View Post
    Hey,

I'm trying to find a good blogging site that I can integrate in my site. Blogger seems to have binned the FTP publishing so I can't use that, and I don't really want to pay for WordPress's site integration (unless I'm doing it wrong and it's free). Are there any other sites or even a way to do it without a site?

(just in case, my site is here: http://icespark.exofire.net - I want my blog underneath the "News" heading)

Thanks a lot! ^^
    It is not "Do you like WordPress" or "Do you like Blogger".

It is "Are there any other sites or even a way to do it without a site?"

Please keep on topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimigory View Post
    I use wordpress and I believe itís the best no matter the level of knowledge u have, but itís not a bad thing to do tests as well, maybe youíll like more bloggerÖ
    I use wordpress, and I find it to be restrictive to the extreme. You have to pay to edit your CSS, and it would take an act of congress if you want to edit the HTML or PHP. Forget about running any adds, it's not going to happen.

In my opinion, wp is a good test track for blog ideas, you do your basic layout, test your content, and see how fast it moves up the search engine ratings, but I'd have a better place ready to transfer it to once I got it dialed in.

As far as I can see there are no GOOD alternatives as far as sites like wp are concerned, if you're serious about your blog, and want to exercise the kind of control over it that is needed to make your ideas work, then you need your own domain on a dedicated server.

Just my brutally honest opinion.

I can find the little red triangle

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blogspot blog is my favorite.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the same question,i also need to find a good blog to integrate in my site..so i will find it here?