User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Javascripts links with pop up windows

Hi,

This question is given to you from a marketing viewpoint. I have a client that uses a splash page where there is only an image. This image has a javascipt link that visitors have to click to enter the flash site. Once the link is clicked, the flash site loads in a pop up window.

I already know that many surfers (10%) surf with their Javascript option off. My client will loose these prospects as they won't be able to enter the site.

But I also heard that I.E. has an option to stop pop up windows which will make it even worst for my client.

Where is this option? I want to verify this information but I can't find this option on my I.E. I looked in my "Internet Options" under all the tabs including the advanced tab.

Can anyone help me find this option?

Best Regards,

Sheriff

morphine for a wooden leg randem's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You heard wrong. IE is the only browser that does not allow you to turn off popups.

Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Konqueror, and Galeon all allow users to disable popups, and it is a very popular option.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Randem,

You're right, I read wrong. The email I had received on this was not clear. the sender of the email was talking about Mozilla and then changed to talk about I.E. but I had misunderstoood him.

Regards,

Sheriff