SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Only partial CSS rendering in Netscape and IE 5.5 on WinME

My website http://www.metallisoft.com renders fine on all 7 of my local machines. Win98/Win2k boxes. All running IE 5.0 or 5.02.

My g/f runs WinME (Not for long!!) with IE5.5 and Netscape 6. When she loads my site she gets this in both Netscape AND IE:

That's disgusting!! Look at those margins! ugh.

I've gone over my CSS countless times and it all seems to be in order. Is there some sort of Netscape goof that IE picked up on with IE 5.5? I heard something that Netscape lost the BODY style in table cells, so I even made a TD and TH style that matched the BODY style. Still doesn't work!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I figured it out. Apparently IE5.0 allows single line comments, while IE 5.5/6 and Netscape 6 does not. I changed comments to /* comment */ and everything is a-ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok well i loaded your page and it looked almost exactly the same as the link you provided except the text was white on the live version.
    kyle//at//retorikmedia//dot//com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried tesing your site on Opera?
    I use Opera 6.01 for the time being because my IE 5.0 keeps crashing whenever I get a pop-up window.

Anyway, the text is really small, unreadable infact

In your style sheet, you have the following for your body:
    Code:
    body  {background-color:#003366; color:#ffffff; font-family:Verdana; font-size:75%; margin:0;}
    I've never used a percentage for a font size before so I have no idea what effect it has on a browser, but perhaps using a point size would solve this problem for Opera users.