Thread: layout for NN4

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

layout for NN4

http://realdesign.users.btopenworld....t/navSml3.html

I've been racking my brains all day on this and I can't come up with a way to make this design work in netscape 4. I don't mind if the rollovers don't work (although it would be a bonus) but i at least want the buttons in the right place. The idea is that when a button is clicked it brings up a sub menu in a 3rd row below. I've got that part working but just didn't put it up there - it's not important.

The problem is with just what you see and appears to be with nesting <div> layers in netscape 4. They all scrunch up into the top left corner. There must be a way around this!

I've used CSS rather than images to create the rollover effect in order to keep the file size down cos i want to add this to the top of each page.

Any suggestions or general comments about the code i have used would be greatly welcomed. I'm just gettting the hang of Javascript so im sure there is room for improvement.
    WINDOWS XP
    IE 6
    1280x1024
    BROADBAND

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for a quick reference, I find a useful source for finding out about bugs in Netscape. The section for Netscape 4 bugs is at .

Sorry if I can't help you more, but I hope you find this useful.

Good luck.