SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jQuery: .live with AJAX problem

I have a table. Each row comes from a MySQL database and contains an anchor with the css class .block
    If you click on one of these anchors, it will perform a AJAX $.get and respond with the content relevant to the specific row that was clicked.

This content is another table of database-driven content. In order to allow my user to re-order this content, each row contains a link for 'Up' and a link for 'Down'.
    As an example, the 'Up' anchors have the class 'productsimageup' and when clicked, AJAX $.get is used to interrogate a php file which changes the order. The HTML response is the new table (the order has changed) and the old table is therefore replaced.

Copy code

Code:
    $(document).ready(function(){
    	$('.productsimageup').live("click", function(event) {
    		event.preventDefault();
    			var url = $(this).attr("href");
    			$.get(url, function (resp) {
    				$('#productimages').html(resp);
    			});

});
    });
    The problem I'm having is that it only works once. Clicking 'Up' immediately moves the row in question up one. However click again and event.preventDefault(); has no effect - it loads the page - the function is no longer bound. I thought 'live' would fix this, but no such luck...

Thanks
    spitfireweb

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I replace the table, all of the links get replaced. It seems live() isn't binding the function to the new elements.
    spitfireweb