SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any site which deals with the UK in regards to selling or offering goods and or services can be legally held accountable for failures in meeting accessibility guidelines as they relate to the trade being undertaken.
    And what about the US?

Currently I don't think any Dutch businesses are worried about accessibility by foreigners either. WCAG2 rewrite is coming this summer, but it's only known of by web people.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomme poes View Post
    Off Topic:

I am a HUGE fan of MC Hawking. All his shootings be drive-bys!
    Off Topic:

He is, unfortunately, not the same guy as Stephen Hawking but I do like his raps! Thanks for the link!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

It's his persona which he vaguely approves of which is good enough! Plus he beat up Moby. He also has a music video somewhere where he defeats and religious zealot. Awesome.

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomme poes View Post
    Wouldn't a specifically-spastic-friendly page have to have a lot of JS for delays? I'm not sure you could assume Slow-Keys is turned on in their computers. Avoid dropdowns, make clickable areas larger... not sure what else.
    I like M.C. Hammer. For those who may have forgotten, he was the guy with the attitude, bling, attrocious music, and baggy pants. In the context of the above remarks, can anyone suggest anything specific that would be required to develop a site catering for M.C. Hammer (and others like him)?

I have a few thoughts. However, I'm keen to hear what others think...

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairybob View Post
    I like M.C. Hammer. For those who may have forgotten, he was the guy with the attitude, bling, attrocious music, and baggy pants. In the context of the above remarks, can anyone suggest anything specific that would be required to develop a site catering for M.C. Hammer (and others like him)?

I have a few thoughts. However, I'm keen to hear what others think...
    I don't think MC Hammer has accessibility problems and that's the topic of this thread.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I don't think MC Hammer has accessibility problems and that's the topic of this thread.
    I think you'll find that he does.

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow60 View Post
    For example I mouseover a element I want it to open NOW, not after some goofy delay
    The delay will be only a tiny fraction of a second - you probably wouldn't even notice it as a user, but it's just enough that it won't trigger the menu when you're moving the mouse across the page and it passes over the menu

Increasingly with large sites what I've done is forget all that nonsense exists, and just break it into categories and just use by-page by-section drilldown through the site. People get too obesessed with linking every single sub-page off the main page, and that's just a waste of time and can result in information overload. (even that article mentions that).
    If you really feel the need to have a page with every link on it, that's what a sitemap page is for. Don't waste your time or mine putting a sitemap on every page (yes, vBull 4 developers, I'm looking at your garbage when I say that)
    It depends on how you're building your site. I generally create a site in a text editor rather than using a CMS, and so having the full menu structure on each page means that I can just <!--#include it, which is a lot easier for maintenance.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install a toolbar such as Panopreter toolbar on IE browser that can read web page text content you selected. It's helpful for various disabilities and limitations users when they are surfing online.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Jun 3, 2010 at 23:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would write code that makes buyers eager to more money - only when they should. Kill the FUD in their head.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vision is important, but the brain is the most important thing. It is said that a person who could once see, can still imagine seeing with his eyes closed and he can dream in visions. A seeing man who loses sight can still see inside his head. A man who was born blind can never dream in sight. Helen Keller was deaf and blind, but still became a great teacher - odd.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Hairybob is correct, MC Hammer has an accessibility problem... he has a motor function impairment.

That's why his lyrics have him yelling "CAN'T TOUCH THIS!"

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, then explain James Brown's accessibility issues....