SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is there a CSS book?

Yes, there are a lot of short tutorials and everything, but none of them is thorough. So that's the key word. All of them are short (or am I wrong?).

So, can somebody tell us where to find a good tutorial or book about CSS on the net?
    Thnx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not many out there

i was at barnes and noble just the other day and got my self a book on flash and asp with a total of $96.78 o well, im sure it was worth it, anyway i look through just abut every book they had there and i do remember crossing over a couple but not too many, good luck finding it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lots of books on CSS. I'm currently saving up for Eric Meyer on CSS - www.ericmeyeroncss.com - which came out a few weeks ago but there are plenty of other ones. Search for CSS on Amazon and see what comes up.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there are a couple... O' Reilly has a good series of books.

http://www.oreillynet.com/search/ind...q=CSS&sp-k=all
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of which

What would you say the best place is to get those kind of books? I must have spent 2 hours at barnes & noble and maybe saw 2 css books, i was bored waiting for my parents so i look through everything they had there, they do not fail to get all of microsoft's .net stuff though

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local Barnes and Noble has a wide range of books and usually carries everything Wrox and O' Reilly have. No other bookstore has the variety. Though Barnes & Noble is in a 65,000 square foot building and all the other local stores are 1,800-4,500 sq. feet.

However, I usually order my computer books online through Amazon.com or BN.com.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the O'Reilly "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide" and find it pretty useful.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reviewed Eric Meyer on CSS the other day in the books store and I really liked it. The bookstore at my college didn't have it, so I put it on order. It's colorful and gives lots of practical examples on how to convert a site to pure CSS. I liked it because it didn't start out with "this is how to declare a style..." or give a laundry list of elements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought O'reilly's DHTML: The Definitive Guide and it has everything from Javascript to the DOM to CSS and is a great resource.
    -dk
    - Confused? Have another drink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered both "Cascading Stylesheets: Seperating Content from Presentation" and "Eric Meyer on CSS" from Amazon the other day - unfortunately they won't arrive for a couple of weeks, probably because both books have only just come out. I'll review them on my blog once I've read them.