User Tag List

Thread: Is this a SCAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a SCAM

Hi all,

I purchased 10,000 unique hits to my website from a company called www.Hits-Traffic.com. The sales blurb on the site said these were real hits from real people and we are different from all the rest...blah blah blah...

Well...I use a piece of software on my site called clickchatsold which is a live support script...this tells me via the client part of the script...how many visitors I have plus where those visitors are on the site.

Well..as soon as my 10,000 visitors campaign kicked in...my clickchatsold client starts climing through the roof with the number of visitors...first upto 30 on site..then 50...then 100 ...Im thinking to myself...wow..this is going to be great for my sales figures....

I then noticed that all...I mean ALL the visitors were only staying on the home page...Strange I thought...And those visitors were staying for ages....suspicions starting to get to me...This is a scam I am thinking...

Well it is now the next morning since my campaign started and I am resigned to the fact that I have been coned.

Just logged in and my counter with hits-traffic says 3190 hits and clicks = 74

Now...here is a strange thing...the time of all the supposed clicks is 2.07 and various seconds.

I also monitor the hits to my site via addfreestats....That does not really make much sense of things....

So...What I would like to know is...is this a scam and have I been coned or is this normal...by the way...not one order so far from this campaign.

What do you all think

Simon

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why did you not ask BEFORE purchasing!!!

I would probably not buy any advertising from a agency unless I heard good feedback form it.

I have not heard of the company myself, but I hope someone else helps you out.
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Cloughie
    why did you not ask BEFORE purchasing!!!

I would probably not buy any advertising from a agency unless I heard good feedback form it.

I have not heard of the company myself, but I hope someone else helps you out.
    I seem to enjoy learning the hard way...well you think I enjoy it...but really I got suckered in by the sales blurb...you know what thay say about a fool and his money...!!

Seriously..can anybody throw any light on this form of advertising as I want to know if I just went with the wrong company...or it would not matter who I went with ...because they are all crap...!

Thanks for informing.

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by SimonMc

Seriously..can anybody throw any light on this form of advertising as I want to know if I just went with the wrong company...or it would not matter who I went with ...because they are all crap...!
    Simon
    The rule of thumb is you pay for what you get. Ask yourself where do these people get the traffic to send you??

They don't run any exchange service so how are they gonna send you real quality traffic?

CJB.net has a similar offer (50,000 for $99) and it's believable cos they have a huge network.

I sell targeted popunders ... BUT that's because I run a REAL exit exchange that members can join - rather than some elusive "traffic network" as outlined on their site.

Well ... there's alot of such "hits" packages around ... frankly I don't see much value in them.

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know much about this area of advertising, but what type of hit did you buy? It seems to me you bought 10,000 popunders or popup ads which means people do not specicifcally request your site, and the chances of them clicking are low in comparison.

So you may have 100 people on your site, but that could just be a popunder, meaning they are happily surfing the site they intended to while your site sites in the background, ready to be close when they have finished doing what they wanted to. So thats proably why they seem to stay for ages.

The 74 clicks you had all within the same minute do sound very dodgy though.

Like I said, I do not know much about this field, but from reading that site and using common-sense, its seem they are using popunders, and as for the 74 clicks......

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've purchased a similar offer before. Not from that company but others offering similar deals. I wouldn't use this form of advertising to sell a product or even a service. This form of advertising from my own personal experience only does good for name-branding or site recognition if you are looking to promote a free service, search engine, directory, that kind of site, where you want to increase your exposure and get a traffic boost. Very few people are going to buy an actual product using a pop under, as they did not go seeking it, it just popped up or under the actual page they were browsing.

To answer your question about if it's a scam, not necessarily. They will claim they did what they said they would do which is bring the unique visitors to your site, and their stats will prove that. Most of these sites only guarantee the traffic, they will clearly say somewhere in their terms & conditions that sales and revenue is never a guarantee as they have no control over if people will order what you are offering.

Your offer would have to be amazing and appeal to a wide mass of people to see actual orders from this form of advertising. On the other hand, if you are a startup search engine, directory, or have a general free site that you would like to get known, then it could help your site grow in that regards.

Hope this helps shed some light on the topic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop Unders!!

I fell into the same trap. I also use ClickChatSold and was amazed at the amout of hits my site was getting!
    The excitement didnt last long when I realised nobody was going past the home page.

I think alot of people (including myself) close these windows before they even finish loading.

I also think that 9 times out of 10 your product or service is not relevant to the user
    Seriously Low Cost Hosting
    Eurofficial Internet
    http://www.eurofficial.com