SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: form help

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a form. I set it up so that on submit the results are displayed in a results page and they are also email to me. I get all the information in the boxes. The problem that I am having is that I have two textareas and the data isnt being passed to my results page be cause you cant assign textareas a value that i know of. Also how could I pass the check box value, checked or not?
    Here is a link to help you see what the heck i'm talking about. http://www.america-intelli.com/noflash/workorders2.html
    ** notice the comment and work description boxes do not pass the data. i took off the required properties until its really to be made public. Any other advice is welcome.
    *** I just realized when you submit a message, in the textarea of this page, it is passed when you hit the preview button. That is what I need to know. How'd they do that.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Michael

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the post method you should be able to access the value of your text boxes in whatever processor is formatting your form data for emailing. You need to read the documentation on that.

It would be something like fieldname.value in the Form Data section of your Request Headers.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me try to clarify the situation a little. I am using method=post. On my email I receive all the information. I then have a another form that is a confirmation page. The information is passed from the first form to this one. On this form I set value from the first form...like value=[name] etc.
    This works for the textboxes, but not the textareas. I get all of the information that is in the textboxes but not the information in my textareas. Any new ideas now?
    Thanks
    Michael

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it. Thanks again