SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok look at this site for me, and on the second page, there is a Navigation sidebar. I looked at his source and i couldnt find the script i was looking for, maybe one of you can. I want a navigation bar similar to his, and he probably go it at dynamic drive, but i'm not sure. http://www.dablackgoku.cjb.net He has alot of script errors with any browser i use, but hopefully u can aim me at what script he used.. Thanks. Peace

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I got through the script debugger because of an indeterminate error at line 157, I got to his menu.

He isn't using a script. He is using Java which is a completely different language than javascript. Its a common mistake of newcomers to the field to mix-up and combine the two technologies. You can search for something similar at a developer portal like wwww.developer.com or look in Java Applet sites to see if you can find it. You can also email the creator of the other site and ask him where he got it from.

A talented DHTML designer could duplicate the effect using layers and javascript.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah i see, i went back and saw that it was java, loading with the grey background. I thought it was a javascript or something at first because in his source i saw "Dynamic Drive" Thanks AGAIN WLuke...