SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phpmyadmin slooooowww

Ever since I got xp pro here at work, when I connect to phpmyadmin on our web database server with IE6, it takes forever to do anything. It comes up really slow and clicking links waiting for the screen to appear takes too long. The server is windows 2000 pro and we protected the phpmyadmin directory in IIS. When I go to the site on my computer, it does not ask for a username, unless I change my ie 6 settings in security to prompt. It worked fine on 2000 and 98.

Logging into other machines here, xp or 2K pro, with my account, it works just fine. It prompts me for authentication and goes on it's merry way.

Another thing I have noticed, that I think might have something to do with this, is that there is a share on the phpmyadmin machine that I can access without getting prompted. I am not a user on that machine. When I try it on other machines with my account, it prompts. My account username does not work it I try to enter it.

If I log into my machine with coworker's accounts, I get the prompt when navigating to this share and also in phpmyadmin, although phpmyadmin is slow like molasses

I've asked our techs here but get, "Why I don't know..." Is there something I can do here?

Thanks.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try eSKUeL, I find it's faster than phpMyAdmin -> http://www.phptools4u.com/scripts/eskuel/?lang=en