SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic Keywords?

Hi all,

Just a quick one.

I understand that keywords are an intergral part of site promotion. If i set up a method for dynamically assigning keywords will the site be penalised by the S/E?

For example lets say that every time the page is loaded the keywords are generated from an array of keywords. So in effect they keywords will never be the same for each subsequent visit.

The reason i am asking is that the site has a potential of having lots of keywords but obviously only a few can be displayed at one time.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gary Mailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO it's best to stick to a small set of static keywords for each page of your site -- also with SE's like Google it's the amount of keywords pointing to your pages (externally and internally - i.e.. in text links and image alt tags) that increases your ranking for those pages with each keyword /phrase.

simplified example: Say your home page title is <title>Web Site Design Services - blahblah.com</title> you would need (however many links it would require to get a top ranking) pointing to that page with the text or alt tag containing 'Web Site Design Services' in the link - obviously there's more to it than that but that's the basic way to achieve a good ranking with Google who now rival Yahoo on referral traffic.