SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many problems :(

I installed MySQL Server 5.1, set a password and all was working well. I was messing around in Navicat with the Databases and somehow I messed everything up, and it all went downhill from there.

I've tried following every instruction available but I keep getting Error Nr. 1044 and 1045. If I try to reset the password using the Command Prompt (followed from a tutorial) I keep getting the Access denied for "@'localhost' to 'mysql'. I've tried flushing privileges, resetting the password. I've tried everything imaginable. I read somewhere that "@'localhost' means anonymous user, so how would I set the user back to root? I'm completed inexperienced with MySQL, and how I got it working in the first place is beyond me. If someone could help I'd really appreciate it.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try logging in from the command line like this, assuming your username is "root"
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    It should prompt you for the password.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crmalibu View Post
    Try logging in from the command line like this, assuming your username is "root"
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    It should prompt you for the password.
    Ahh I finally fixed it..I ran the cmd for -skip-grant-tables, reset the password, but the only problem I have now is, after done all that, closed out all the prompts, I go back into Admin -> Services and try to run MySQL, it doesn't run unless I goto my task manager and end the process mysqld.exe. After that, MySQL in Services will work, but when I try to reconfigure the password in MySQL Server Reconfiguration, I get the "Access Denied for 'root'@'localhost'.

Btw, I'm using MySQL Server 5.1

Any other ideas?