SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have good reference links as to how to go about making quality Product pictures for a websites shopping cart?

I'm thinking a picture of each product, maybe with a drop shadow, and in three different sizes... a thumbnail, a regular size for the product information page, and a larger size for a better view of the product.

I'm not totally new to creating graphics but my specialty is programming. I have a digital camera, a scanner which I don't think I'll need to use, and use either Photoshop or PaintShop Pro for a graphics editor.

If anyone can point me to some good "How to" articles or outline the most efficient way of doing this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,
    -Vince

[This message has been edited by vinny (edited March 03, 2000).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest that you start by scanning or taking your original image into Photoshop. After you take the image into Photoshop save the image at 72dpi.
    Then resize this image to the next smallest image size that you wish. Make sure that you use constrain proportions.
    Save this image as another.
    Than create the third image.

After that open all of your images. Change the canvas size to 15 pixels on all sides of the image. Make sure that your color background of your liking is chosen.
    Then use your eleptical marguee tool and select the image without the border.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this selection as a layer and then press Ctrl+D. You now will have a new layer. Now select Layer-Effects-Drop Shadow. I prefer to leave the drop shadows options to the default. Change it to fit your needs.

This may not be the easiest way to go about doing this. I prefer to do it this way. Seems to work for me.

Good Luck!

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try out the "Web Photo Gallery" feature of PhotoShop 5.5

File > Automate > Web Photo Gallery

This will create thumbnails, the enlarged version and the HTML to go along with it....

Works Great

------------------
    WebKat's PawPrints
    Professional Photographers of Sacramento Valley

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick responses! I appreciate the advise and I'll get right to it

Thanks,
    -Vince