SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ways to promote???

I have had the hardest time lately thinking of ways to promote 2BigFeet.com. We're listed in PPC's, do print advertising in the Thrifty Nickel, have a huge sign outside our store, and occassionally run ads or stories in the local newspaper.

I just hit a brick wall when it comes to promoting our business. It's been growing steadily for a few years now and I'd really like to keep up the trend.

Does anyone have any ideas on other ways to promote the business? I've already decorated my white blazer with big feet on the back and side tinted windows Just don't know what else I can do....

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find out when the next Marathon is in your area and help sponsor it (maybe donate a dozen pairs of sneakers or something).
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sponsor local youth teams. You will get your name and logo on their uniforms.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we donate $1.00 from every pair of shoes sold to the American Cancer Society... and have been listed on several things with them. It hasn't brought much business but it's kinda our way of giving back.

That's a good idea though. I think I'll call and see if we could get listed on the Relay for Life shirts...

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specifically basketball teams, 3 on 3 tourneys.

Of course getting Shaq as a spokesman wouldn't hurt either....
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the sports teams are out because we don't carry many athletic shoes at all... a few but mostly casual, dress and hiking/work shoes.

Athletic shoes are relatively easy to find in large sizes... since most athletes are fairly large.

Anyway, we hope to be carrying new balance soon but that's one of the only athletic lines we want to carry.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athletes with big feet don't have occasion to wear dress shoes? Or Hiking boots?

I didn't mean that you could advertise basketball shoes, I meant that you'd be hard pressed to find a larger group of large footed people anywhere other than on the basketball court. Basketball is the only thing I can think of, short of a "Tall Person Convention," where you'd have a substantially above average percentage of people with large feet.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some good suggestions above.

I would only add that sometimes people focus so hard on generating new customers that they forget to make sure that they maintain the customers they already have. It's always a good idea to reward your best customers in an effort to make them repeat customers. Building customer loyalty is just as important in building new customers.

Also there are tribes in Africa that are very tall with big feet that could use some sneakers I'm sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in response to the comment on keeping existing customers happy... we have an email newsletter and often send promotions to current customers and people who have signed up for our free-shoe giveaway.

Oh, that's another thing we're doing... giving away a free pair of shoes every month. I don't know how much that's helping us but we integrate it into our newsletter signup so everyone that signs up for the giveaway is entered into the newsletter list.

So far we have over 2500 recipients (good names, after all cancellations and bad addresses have been taken out)... so that's helped us. Only we don't believe in sending out newsletters every week. We try to only send them out when we have something important to say, like we've got a new supplier or have a big sale.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe try and get some positive media publicity about how well you are doing on the net selling such a niche market product. there is a really unique story angle there that editors would love. though get someone with genuine pr or writing experience to do the media release because there is a real talent in getting a story across correctly for the long term strategy and benefit of the organisation.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offer your customers prizes in complimentary products (jackets, shirts, glasses, hats, etc...) for referring new customers.

Say for instance get some Starter jackets for the current champions in Basketball, Football and Hockey and the leaders in Baseball and give them away as prizes.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've big feet!

I browsed thru your site. You don't have an affiliate program. Start one ... you can get tons of traffic and you pay commissions only when there's a sale.