SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why I can't save the main photo of the website at this URL. can someone please tell me why?
    http://willardmarine.com/

Also, I'm trying to save complete pages intact of sites I admire for study later. Since some of the corporate sites change so frequently I just want to save the darn thing when I see one I like & not have to worry about it disappearing later. But I'm having a ***** of a time, cuz several files end up being created, and some parts(graphics, etc) end up missing. Isn't there some way to save a page just as it is downlaoded?

DISCLAIMER: I am not looking to steal & publish anyone elses material, only to learn from it.

Love this forum!

greg norris

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't save the graphic because its loaded inside a java applet which doesn't support the default right-click menu for images.

As for saving whole webpages you can use Internet Explorer 5+ to do this. Under save as choose Complete Web Page.

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You CAN save the graphic, but you must do it in a different way.

By looking at the source, you'll find out that the graphic's name is "730ib-b.jpg" - by putting that filename after willardmarine.com/ you can see the graphic fine.

The shimmering lake effect is accomplished using a LAKE java applet, located at http://anfyteam.com (I believe these applets are freeware). So if you wanted the same effect, it would not be hard to reproduce.

Notice: I'm making this posting purely to help you educate yourself in web design, not to help rip a graphic off of someone else's page. I applaud your efforts in learning, though, as I learned this way myself once.

Good luck in your future endeavors,

Sparkie

------------------
    Leave Your Mark!
    www.pawsitronic.com

Your one-stop web design solution!