SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search Engine Tips

The best way to get your search engine ranking up is to learn how to optomize your site for search engine submission. It takes years to learn the proper way. But here are some tips:

- Get as many sites with similar content to link to you. (best if they already have a high rank in a search engine.)

- Submit to FFA's you might not get many hits from them but they will help get your ranking high at google, and other search engines.

- Create doorway pages, and link to them on each page of your site. (make sure it is invisible, because you dont want users to click on them. The best way to link to the is make the link text the same color as the background, and have the hyperlink text 1 character long.)

- Make sure you have good keywords that gets searched at search engines alot. (dont use long keywords. Always keep it short and sweet.)

- Do keyword research. Goto a site with similar content to yours. View there source and look at there keywords in there head-tag. Just dont steal any of there sourcecode.

- Never have more than 5 keywords with the same word it it. For Example: (good food, tasty food, yummy food, flat food, color food) Never repeat a word or phrase. Alot of search engines treat it as spam and puts you on there blacklist. Then your chance of getting a high listing is almost 0.

- DO NOT submit multiable urls. Search engines hate this. Let them spider your link on there own. (this is definatly a NONO!)

- DO NOT submit your sites url more than once in a short period of time. This is also classified of spamming.

- Always check your search engine rankings once per month. And try to improve them.

I hope this helps you get a better ranking in search engines. Remember: It is not easy to get a good ranking. It takes alot of hours of effort to do so.

So far I have 6-7 #1 Rankings at google, and other search engines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Submit to FFA's you might not get many hits from them but they will help get your ranking high at google, and other search engines."
    Nope, these don't help with Google, why would Google pay any attention to a page that is just full of URLs with absolutely no quality control? But if you want to go ahead and do it anyway, do it with a separate e-mail address or you will be spammed to high heaven by people who gather your addy from these pages.

"Create doorway pages, and link to them on each page of your site. (make sure it is invisible, because you dont want users to click on them. The best way to link to the is make the link text the same color as the background, and have the hyperlink text 1 character long.)"
    This is terrible advice and directly contravenes the rules of every search engine - you may find it works for you, sure, but for how long, and what is the penalty? Can you afford to play this short-term game?

templates911, I don't understand how you can tell people to use hidden text, then a few lines later say in effect "don't do keyword stuffing, it's spam". I mean, huh?????

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm.... okay Haven't been doing this long have you?

This article will get you back on the right track:
    http://www.promotionbase.com/article/762

This page will tell you want not to do:
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/dos.html

Don't:
    • Cloak.
    • Write text or create links that can be seen by search engines but not by visitors to your site.
    • Participate in link exchanges for the sole purpose of increasing your ranking in search engines.
    • Send automated queries to Google in an attempt to monitor your site's ranking.
    • Use programs that generate lots of generic doorway pages.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been doing this for about 3-4 years now.

Hmm. The Doorway pages might be considered as spam. (I dont use them on any of my current sites. But I did on my last site but I shut it down.) But some other search engines dont consider it spam.

But I do think that FFA pages do have a Small Effect on your listing at google. But it is also better to have links on major sites related to your content.
    Last edited by templates911; Jul 5, 2002 at 07:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and get all that crud out of your <head> tags.

all css and javascripts should be called externally. it not only makes for a smaller page for the spider, but your pages will load faster for humans because the browser will save the scripts in the cache.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunally I dont have control over the html. My business partner does. I will tell him to do it asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google spiders very few FFA pages and the workth of each page is minimal since the importance of the link on a keyword is determined alot by the title of the linking page. FFA's won't hurt you on google, they might on other engines though.