SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'll say one thing, I admire your perseverance. I would have given up long ago and went with a bundled install to be able to get coding.

Be assured that many have experienced problems with installations. Unfortunately it's a difficult thing even when it's your own set-up let alone trying to do it remotely for someone else's. There's just too many possible variables in play. What is in the platform, what versions, dependencies, conflicting software, configuration settings, etc. So it's really something everyone has to pretty much figure out on their own. One thing for certain, by the time you get through this you'll be a step closer to being a "power user".

First, the "@" is an error supressor it doesn't fix an error, it keeps the error message from displaying. You should not use it when you're debugging.

The "client library minor version mismatch" error suggests that there is a compatability issue bewteen what PHP expects and needs. You could try installing a different version of MySQL.

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bail give this a try, substituting the relevant username and password for the database connection:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $apache_version            
    $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'];
    $php_version            phpversion();
    $link                    mysqli_connect("localhost""db_user_name""db_password");
    $mysql_server_version    mysqli_get_server_info($link);

echo 
    "
        <p>Apache (Version: 
    $apache_version) is running the following versions of PHP and MySQL:</br>
        PHP: 
    $php_version</br>
        MySQL: 
    $mysql_server_version</p>
        "
    ;
    ?>
    If that runs ok, then you'll find displayed the versions in use for the web server, MySQL and PHP. It also serves as a nice test to see if PHP can connect to MySQL ok.
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haa ok thanks mittineague i dont give up very easy no use in just installin the package then dont learn anythin ill keep tryin untill iget it
    hello spacephoenix have have done what you said and it did what you said the only problem is i still get the error here is the error and what you said thanks

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50051 Library:50145 in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\test.php on line 1

Apache (Version: Apache/2.2.15 (Win32) PHP/5.2.13) is running the following versions of PHP and MySQL:
    PHP: 5.2.13
    MySQL: 5.1.45-community

thanks to you both for your help bail

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, the output of

MySQL: 5.1.45-community
    confirms that a connection has been established to the MySQL server. On the computer concerned have you previosuly un-installed php and/or MySQL? Possibly you have a file lurking about from a previous installation.
    Community Team Advisor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i have i said this earlier in the forum but was told that when unistall from controll panel and removed the files from program files that it leaves i will be clear and nothing left is there any were eles left to look or just try reinstall them
    thanks bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have unistalled everything again then i reinstalled msql but the old databases i made are stil there i have removed msql from control panel also removed the folder from c:\program files but they got to be some were eles would any one have any ideas were to look because just uninstal is still leaving files some were got to be ?

thanks bail

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    i have unistalled everything again then i reinstalled msql but the old databases i made are stil there i have removed msql from control panel also removed the folder from c:\program files but they got to be some were eles would any one have any ideas were to look because just uninstal is still leaving files some were got to be ?

thanks bail
    Did you reboot the server after the reinstall?
    Community Team Advisor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i have found loads that were left from the programs i thought it left files but there you go i have msql and apche runnin ok now just php ti go if i dont mess it up agin haa
    thanks bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got mysql and apache workin but when i add the v6 thread safe version it stops um workin im using the one i been told in this forum but still no good any ideas

follwed the text in book aswell

thanks bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im still getting the error for the header anyone got any ideas here is the code :

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50051 Library:50145 in C:

how do i get um to match?

thanks bail

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi bail...
    i had installed php, mysql and apache some months ago in my computer following the instructions from kevin's book. and there was no problem. everything was working fine.

i bought a new computer last week and installed the latest versions in the new computer. after installing and running it. i got the error which u got:
    Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50051 Library:50145

i reinstalled everything and again i was receiving the same error. i had the same conf for mysql, php and apache as u've mentioned.

i uninstalled apache and php. and installed the earlier versions which i was using: apache- 2.2.11 and php-5.3.0. this time everything was working fine and there was no error

well it just worked like that for me. that's why i'm telling. i don't know why it worked now.

i was searching about this issue in net, and in a forum in mysql's website i found that some other person had this problem with a much earlier versions. he reinstalled php and the problem was solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thankyou for your help i shall try it and let you know

bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any one got the apache 2.2.11 all i can find is the 2.2.15 all the older ones have no installer and got be done another way or the links to the downloads are broke
    thanks bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi as anyone got these programs i seem to find um apache- 2.2.11 and php-5.3.0. but they got to be thoses versions all ican find is the new verssions if you have could you send them me or link to were i can find them stresssssssssing out now been on it ages but wont give up till sorted it

thanks bail

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    any one got the apache 2.2.11 all i can find is the 2.2.15 all the older ones have no installer and got be done another way or the links to the downloads are broke
    thanks bail
    Try the link on this page (it's around 3/4 of the way down the page).
    Community Team Advisor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks spacephonenix but i ah got clue how to install them because the ones i had installed themself and i just made changes as it says in book

thanks any way bail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ive tryed to install the winamp program but it still is not bringing anything up no page like it says it should when i click local host only got that far upto yet not bothered goin any further because it says it should be showin the server haome page
    thanks bail
    ps i dont give up ha