User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEO- Search Engine Optmization

Hello Everyone

What are the best ways too go around SEO? Without paying. See I am 14. =). And I got a killer design about affiliate programs and webdesign + templates. I like too call it the Mini Webmasters HQ. ---- Of course does'nt compare too SitePoint. . =).

Anyways Is there a way too do this? Cause I cannot afford 400US too get it ranked better :P. Just not in the budget of a 14 year old =).

If you have any suggestions or comments please let me know =)

Thanks!
    -Faraaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've located some articles about Search Engine Optimization for you on PromotionBase:
    http://www.promotionbase.com/article/617
    http://www.promotionbase.com/article/603

Or, learn everything you've ever wanted to know about anything search engine-related by taking a look at this post by SitePoint Advisor aspen.

Good luck!

Jason
    Jason Bradley
    Post your project and receive FREE bids from professionals!
    naSnap Freelance Marketplace

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi There,

Thanks for the speedy reply!!
    Too tell you the truth, I have looked an learned all I want too.... looked at so much just makes my head spin . I am looking for tools. I have tried wordtracker and all that. Does'nt work.... so basically I am left with hiring someone right?

Does anyone know of any SEO Companies that charge less than 2 bucks? :P

But seriously if you guy got any tools for keywords... please let me know. See the problem is like If you see a keyword that has really low competition chances are 2 million others are gonan go for it... which brings my chances really down .

So Any tools that work?
    -Faraaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you work hard, there are ways to radically improve your listing without paying a dime.

- Get your site listed in dmoz
    - Make sure that your pages have a high keyword density (use your keywords in the title, meta tags, and other places...be SURE to have a high keyword density in the body of the page as well)
    - E-mail webmasters with similar sites and ask them to link to your site in exchange for a link to their site.

There are programs out there, but I always find that by hand submitting a listing it usually does better. Have you done all the things listed above? If not, do them and then see whether your ranking comes up.

Jason
    Jason Bradley
    Post your project and receive FREE bids from professionals!
    naSnap Freelance Marketplace

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually both of those articles linked to aren't that great.

http://www.promotionbase.com/article/762/

Is a good one.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There,

Thanks Again For The Speedy Replies. I remember reading that article or something close too it a while back. Followed it. Step-By-Step. Nothing. =(. I wish it was as simple as what people say it is. Are those the only methods that work? If so then its luck. Cause I have followed those steps quite a few times. Keyword Density and all that. But I cannot do the hand submit too search engines... because I beleie it costs money. But if you mean hand submit free pages then yes.

So what other ways are there? I have actually emailed others too se how they got up there. They had it optimized by a company seems too be the answer I get most. Goto the companys website. $400 US (Cheapest One I have seen) Parents flew through the roof. I am in Canada. So its basically $600 CAD.

So I am sure others must have some methods. If so Please share .

-Faraaz

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, time is always the greatest ally. I've used some tools that were quite cool like Arelis and so on, but generally me maintaining my own stuff works best.

One of my sites hasn't spent a dime and is in the top 10 on most major search engines for over a dozen keywords.

I'm not an expert though (I didn't do the above), but it really is hard to fake popularity (what SE's seem to be after these days) on the Net, just as it is in real life.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can submit to most places for free. There is a list of places to submit in the important thread at the top of this subforum.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya

I got all of them in my bookmarks if I ever need them. Who does SEO for a living or a job or something?

Thanks!
    -Faraaz